Coulee Cruzin' (WI)

Started by Troll, July 29, 2015, 19:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

Working on routes and events that can/could be connected. So far, there's not much to update....Had the bike out twice, and the River is half covered with ice...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

Yes please keep us updated here as some of us are not on face book and do want to attend. Thanks.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Troll, do you have a tentative schedule for the week yet??   Wondering what days are the main days that most people will be there - Mon-Sat is a long time....    Do you have a schedule of when the "official" CC days are planned?

No Worries

Troll

The lodging is finalized, as are the dates and prices. We have 25 rooms reserved under "Coulee Cruzin" at the Sparta, Super 8, 716 Avon Rd.Sparta WI. The phone number for rooms is 608-269-8489...Ask for Coulee Cruzin. The release date for the rooms is June 18, 2016, so you have plenty of time to make up your mind and get the room reserved. The price for the room is $65.00 + tax, which comes out to $72.48 for Monday the 18th ( early bird registration) to Thursday night, the 21st. They have added the possibility of extending your room to Saturday night, but the rate will go up. There is some big Bicycle event going on in Sparta that weekend, so the price will be $125+ tax, or $139.38. You can cancel your room reservation up to 6pm on the day of arrival. Standard policy for the Super 8 chain. The owner, Erika, is really excited about having this event, and says she will do what ever we need to make it a success. The usual motel breakfast is included (waffles, etc.) and right across the street is a really good family restaurant. Thee are 4 or 5 gas stations within 1 mile of the Motel, there is one stop light to deal with, unless we go North on hwy 27, then there are two. I will publish a map with directions to the motel, but it's about 1/4 mile North from I-90 @ exit 25.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Troll

I know. I'm just hoping that this can act as a preview to the mail event in 2017...

greenbarn

Quote from: Troll on August 15, 2015, 12:27:22 PM

This last one, in Pikeville, was during the week.....I have no problem with shifting dates, just trying to save people some money.

I'm all for saving some money too - that's good if  you can.

With Pikeville, I think it might have also affected the turn-out as well, being during the week.   Seems like a lot of people showed up on Thurs-Friday, maybe not.

But like I said - you need to do it whenever it works out best.  I just realized I cannot afford to take 3 weeks off work to attend 3 different week-time  events- so I'll have to decide which one I can do.   No matter when you have it, everyone will not be able to attend.

No Worries

Troll

This last one, in Pikeville, was during the week.....I have no problem with shifting dates, just trying to save people some money.

greenbarn

Quote from: Troll on August 11, 2015, 11:09:29 AM

I just had a meeting with the manager of the Super 8 in Sparta about the potential availability of rooms. She told me that the weekend (actually Friday) would be VERY crowded, as there are several large events planned since last year. All the area motels/hotels told me the same thing...They would have to raise their rates from the normal week day rate to $125+ tax...If we shift the dates by a little...we can still keep Rudy's Bike Night as part of the reunion, and save a lot of money on the lodging. I had originally planned to have the rooms available from Wed. the 20th for early arrival/registration, and then having the first real event on Thursday...but that would require staying over Friday night for most people...Sooooo, if we shift it to the 18th through the 21st, (Tuesday through Friday)...the room rate, inc. tax would be $72.50 per night...Since we have nearly a year to plan the dates, I can't see it making too big an impact. By making Thursday the last rally day, Rudy's Bike night in La Crosse could be our "banquet" event. Please let me know what you thing asap so I can get the dates locked in.

Week days makes it hard for us working folks....  If all the events next year are scheduled for during the week, there is no way I could do all of them.  Do it when you can do it - but keep in mind a during-the-week schedule will undoubtedly decrease your turn out by X%, whatever it turns out to be.
No Worries

CDNRatMan

Any dates are fine with me other then the July 1st thru 3rd I am doing the Biker reunion. I need to be there to take care of my hero Tom for the welding job he did me......what a super hero he is.......someone can past this on face book for me......

Troll

I just had a meeting with the manager of the Super 8 in Sparta about the potential availability of rooms. She told me that the weekend (actually Friday) would be VERY crowded, as there are several large events planned since last year. All the area motels/hotels told me the same thing...They would have to raise their rates from the normal week day rate to $125+ tax...If we shift the dates by a little...we can still keep Rudy's Bike Night as part of the reunion, and save a lot of money on the lodging. I had originally planned to have the rooms available from Wed. the 20th for early arrival/registration, and then having the first real event on Thursday...but that would require staying over Friday night for most people...Sooooo, if we shift it to the 18th through the 21st, (Tuesday through Friday)...the room rate, inc. tax would be $72.50 per night...Since we have nearly a year to plan the dates, I can't see it making too big an impact. By making Thursday the last rally day, Rudy's Bike night in La Crosse could be our "banquet" event. Please let me know what you thing asap so I can get the dates locked in.

LarryInSeattle

I support the name "Drift In" no matter where the gathering is.

LarryInSeattle

It is still too far for me as well.  In late August, I am toting my trailer from Seattle to San Diego, which is 1500 miles one way.... but that would only be 2/3 s of the way to your place.  Too far for me!

chief

Troll will be hosting a gathering/rally in WI July 21-23rd 2016. Stay tuned for info.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Troll

greenbarn

Fred, it's called
Regional Drifter Owners Reunion, "Coulee Cruzin'"

No Worries

49Reo

What is it under on FB; tried "Drifter Family Reunion" no sale...nothing found.

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

49Reo

There its done! Took that jug head out to the woodshed and tune him up some....he'll behave now...... :o

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

OK, then...check out the FaceBook event for more info, and I'll post here, too for those who don't "FB"

zig

Who's in the bathroom?  How much longer? you've been in there for over 20 minutes! C'mon, I'm telling Daddy Troll!
Just kidding, but I am interested in riding Wisconsin.

jmbo

As a fellow cheddar-head, I'm all for it.  Count me in. Time for me to get out of Harley country and head west.

Jimb

zig

Man! I'm interested in Wisconsin, but this is starting to sound too much like my childhood! :o ::)

Troll

49Reo

♫ black sheep of the family...♫  ♫

RIP

CDNRatMan

but daddy troll he started it......lol.....

Troll

now, now, children....we're all family here.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk