Hardkrome ClassicII pipes installed

Started by rpoturica, May 25, 2016, 12:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy Drifter

has anyone found a baffle that will tone these HardKrome American Classic II's down a bit? I really like the sound, but after about 100 miles they get a bit louder than I really like.

'02 DRIFTER 800
'23 BOLT R-SPEC
'24 SUPER METEOR 650

Lucky

Thanks .. hmm, would be nice to have baffles.. rumble potato-potato-potato not shout it

"Scout"  800 Drifter
900 classic rear shock
18/ 38t gearing
Michelin Commander II mt/90-16 front 150/80-16 rear
1 3/4 turns on A/F, 1st clip,48 pilot, 160 main - 41mpg
K&N
Marbled and Modified airbox
Vulcan Classic 800 sissy bar
Viking saddle bags

Near future
135 main / 42 pilot

Easy Drifter

They could be considered all of the above. I purposely idle or just above in my neighborhood (no need to be a jerk or give people a reason to hate), they are a bit loud when riding, but I love it. I did 150 miles solo this past Sunday, and in all honesty after about 10-15 miles they just sing one of my favorite tunes...

'02 DRIFTER 800
'23 BOLT R-SPEC
'24 SUPER METEOR 650

Lucky

these look GREAT

are these neighbor hater loud, or obnoxious when riding loud?

"Scout"  800 Drifter
900 classic rear shock
18/ 38t gearing
Michelin Commander II mt/90-16 front 150/80-16 rear
1 3/4 turns on A/F, 1st clip,48 pilot, 160 main - 41mpg
K&N
Marbled and Modified airbox
Vulcan Classic 800 sissy bar
Viking saddle bags

Near future
135 main / 42 pilot

Easy Drifter

Removed the stock exhaust to reinstall the HardKrome set the original owner removed  "because they were too loud."

Well, I love the sound AND the look.

'02 DRIFTER 800
'23 BOLT R-SPEC
'24 SUPER METEOR 650

Tfrank59

Quote from: pumppy10 on April 15, 2017, 11:31:38 AM

Tfrank what pipes are you running?

The PO had straight shot guns on there, really loud!, which I modified with my own concoction--two baffles in each pipe and slip-on fishtails.
Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

pumppy10

Life is just a series of moments- try to enjoy them all!

CDNRatMan

Tfrank59:
It is not really that bad other than an annoyance, this is also part and parcel to patch wearers trying to being bad bikers. Like anyplace else the law enforcement officers can be really nice and at the same time they can be really dick headed about things. I personally do not like overly loud pipes, but do appreciate the rumble sound. I was on a group ride over on the QC side one day and we had an individual who had V&H longshots and they were make your ears bleed loud. As we rode in to a small town right on the border he took super delight in rapping his throttle at every intersection and at all the young lasses on the street. We never made the other side of town when we were pulled over as a group. Registration, proof of Insurance and Driver's licenses were requested from all of us, and so far the 2 officers were very polite. Then it was check each helmet for DOT approval. Then the one cop took his hand held device and checked the young lads bike. It was over the limit. At this point the police office gave the lad his choice. He could very quietly ride back across the border or have his bike impounded. At this point one of our QC rides informed the young lad not to rap his bike even on the Ontario side because the one cop had rights in Ontario.......so goes to show......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Tfrank59

Quote from: Nanook on September 08, 2016, 21:37:31 PM

I had the same and loved them, but a bit on the loud side. I added the smart partz quiet baffle, but even then I got arrested 3 times by the police in as many month, so went back to the debaffled original...but now moving to the roadhouse!

That's a drag that they arrest you for stuff like that in Canada. Here in Washington state USA you won't get pulled over – and that's even the really loud obnoxious Harleys – but you will lose your hearing and people on the side of the road will be fairly well  annoyed with you if your exhaust is, well annoying  :D.  That's why I keep mine down to a reasonable level, even though my exhaust is not stock.  Ride safe
Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

mittico68

Okay.
My envy for ya guys with those long & loud pipes really was killin' me... ;)
So, since that I couldn't find a second hand set anywhere, I decided to go on with my B plan...
It's still on the go, so by now I will let you see a single piece of the puzzle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-exhaust-pipe-Muffler-Tip-Knucklehead-Flathead-Panhead-/371773476586?hash=item568f6d0eea
More to come...

I love my swingin' bike!

gcates

cja

And rpoturico reading too many threads at once lol

cja

Nanook

Might be looking for a set of pipes if you ever thinking of separating with a set let me know just outside of Ottawa

Also seedman they look great

OR Seedman

I gotta admit, it will take a little to get used to the sound.....waaayy louder than stock...but at least other people now know you are there..:-O

My wife says to me.."so now you're one of those guys that annoys other people with your loud pipes, huh?"  and I replied "yup!"...ain't having a mid-life crisis fun?!

OR Seedman

Trall

Quote from: OR_Seedman on October 07, 2016, 21:06:04 PM

bought the Roadburner exhaust on ebay for 399.00 plus free shipping.  Installed them today....yes they are loud....but ohhh...sooo coooool!!.  I have to say, however, that the IDIOT that wrote the instructions needs to be drawn and quartered....in other words, someone needs to get medieval on their a55.  NO ONE with fingers larger than a three year old could possibly attach the pipes to the mounting bracket as the instructions describe how to do...I basically had to assemble the pipes and mounting bracket on the floor first and then carry the whole thing over to the bike and attach it as a unit.....I wear xxl gloves and have fingers like bratwurst (being of German descent and all) :-P

Anyway, after a bit of cussing and fussing, things are good....can't wait to take her out and scare the neighbors....weather this weekend looks promising....

Those are sweet.  I had them on my 800 and the high quality chrome and even better sound from stock is awesome .  Your bike looks great with them.  Way better then stock pipes.

mittico68

Well done, Seedman!
They look awesome on your ride and I do really envy you.
I wish it could be free shipping for me, too... but it isn't!

I love my swingin' bike!

OR Seedman

bought the Roadburner exhaust on ebay for 399.00 plus free shipping.  Installed them today....yes they are loud....but ohhh...sooo coooool!!.  I have to say, however, that the IDIOT that wrote the instructions needs to be drawn and quartered....in other words, someone needs to get medieval on their a55.  NO ONE with fingers larger than a three year old could possibly attach the pipes to the mounting bracket as the instructions describe how to do...I basically had to assemble the pipes and mounting bracket on the floor first and then carry the whole thing over to the bike and attach it as a unit.....I wear xxl gloves and have fingers like bratwurst (being of German descent and all) :-P

Anyway, after a bit of cussing and fussing, things are good....can't wait to take her out and scare the neighbors....weather this weekend looks promising....

OR Seedman

mittico68

Quote from: Phoebe5150 on September 12, 2016, 14:31:07 PM

Sorry about hijacking your thread....   I have a set of these pipes and they look great but are just too loud for my taste.  I would considering a trade..

I just sent you a PM...

I love my swingin' bike!

Phoebe5150

Sorry about hijacking your thread....   I have a set of these pipes and they look great but are just too loud for my taste.  I would considering a trade..

mittico68

I knew, since that's on my watching list...
But, to tell you the truth, I'd prefer to buy a second hand one, because of the lower cost...
I do have to face a huge shipping cost ($225!).

I love my swingin' bike!

Nanook

The one I have is the roadburner and not the hardkrome, but they are identical, and I think were manufactured by the same company. I also wanted to let you know that you can still buy those brand new at a reasonnable price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Road-Burner-Exhaust-Pipe-Kawasaki-VN-800-Drifter-RB-01-8015-/162179747277

Rob

mittico68

Quote from: Nanook on September 09, 2016, 08:55:14 AM

If the roadhouse installation goes as plan, and the sound is good, the roadburner will probably go for sale. 3 set of pipes is a bit much for one motorcycle.

So, let's both cross fingers... ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

Nanook

If the roadhouse installation goes as plan, and the sound is good, the roadburner will probably go for sale. 3 set of pipes is a bit much for one motorcycle.

mittico68

Quote from: Nanook on September 08, 2016, 21:37:31 PM

I had the same and loved them, but a bit on the loud side. I added the smart partz quiet baffle, but even then I got arrested 3 times by the police in as many month, so went back to the debaffled original...but now moving to the roadhouse!

And, if I can ask, what will be of those "old" pipes?
I'm lookin' for a second hand set...

I love my swingin' bike!

Nanook

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk