emperor's new clothes

Started by rob f, February 23, 2019, 08:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittico68

Quote from: Old Drifter on February 24, 2019, 12:33:03 PM

If you want a cool riding jacket, take a look at the one that CDNRatMan had on in his avatar. Now that was a cool jacket! He had good taste and if he were here I'm sure he let you know. RIP CDNRatMan! 8)

I remember of a picture of him with that jacket and standing nearby his Red...
And I'm sure that he's still wearing it, while he rides over the rainbow!

I love my swingin' bike!

rob f

Never been on Craiglist and will have a go.
ya, Rat man was a character and that jacket suits him

Old Drifter

Quote from: rob f on February 23, 2019, 15:47:23 PM

That Rocketteer jacket looks interesting but not armored.
If I could find this one in armor I might pay the $900.............http://www.misterfreedom.com/mulholland-master-brown.html

I said "might"

If you want a cool riding jacket, take a look at the one that CDNRatMan had on in his avatar. Now that was a cool jacket! He had good taste and if he were here I'm sure he let you know. RIP CDNRatMan! 8)
Gene

1999 Drifter

Tfrank59

Yeah I've been doing Craigslist for all my riding gear for years, and I can get anything I want-- leather, armored, I have a Kilimanjaro jacket I bought for a hundred and fifty and it's good down to a zero windchill I bought that in perfect condition on Craigslist. It retails for four hundred new. Helmets are the exception I always buy those new. But I don't think I could ever spend $900 on riding gear unless I had a $39,000 motorcycle ;D that's just me.

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

mittico68

Rob f, that is a real cool jacket BUT way expensive for my poor pocket!  :)

I love my swingin' bike!

rob f

That Rocketteer jacket looks interesting but not armored.
If I could find this one in armor I might pay the $900.............http://www.misterfreedom.com/mulholland-master-brown.html

I said "might"

Old Drifter

I'd go with the classic black (Schott Perfecto) motorcycle leather jacket. That's what I wear. If it was good enough for Marlon Brando, it's good enough for me!  8)

Gene

1999 Drifter

Tfrank59

Well my 06 Drifter is silver and black, so I wear my black leathers--jacket and chaps--and I like to wear my matte black helmet. My boots and gloves are also black. I'm kind of a night rider biker dude.

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

mittico68

I love my swingin' bike!

rob f

Opening a new can of worms here as I haven't seen this topic yet.
What does one wear while Drifting?
As the bikes are a Retro knock off it seems appropriate that the rider appear the same. I have been scouring online for retro jackets, helmets, etc and have found quite a few  but many are not DOT approved and not armored. I have seen riders ranging in tees, shorts and flip flops to kevlar armored one piecer's.
After my intro to human vs pavement a few years back after a deer collision i switched out my leathers and bucket helmet for SAS armor and a full face.
Somehow this does not look right while Drifting.
I just scored a Bitwell 3/4 DOT helmet same color as the bike and some Roland Sands armored gloves. Now the jacket. I like the looks of the ww2 retro stuff but can't find any good armored ones.
What are you guys sporting these days?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk