Drifter Rendezvous in the SOO 2019

Started by CDNRatMan, February 13, 2018, 20:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskid

Thank You for the info about the 2020 Gathering !!
I live in Texas but am originally from Indiana and a trip back to my home state would be fun for me.
I don't participate in Face Book but will keep watching this site for more details about the event.

greenbarn

No Worries

greenbarn

The next one (only one) I've heard anything about will be in Indiana (I think) next year.

No Worries

tj

Quote from: greenbarn on May 06, 2019, 00:40:17 AM

There is a drifter ride in southern OH Aug 12 if you're interested.

Will there be another?...sorry I missed it.

greenbarn

There is a drifter ride in southern OH Aug 12 if you're interested.

No Worries

Colonel

Sorry, I only read the posts on the first page and I didn't see that the event was cancelled.

Sad to see a member pass.

Colonel

I haven't been on this site in a very long time, but it's good to see it's still active.
My 800 Drifter was voted best 800 at the 2005 Drift-In. I sold my Drifter, but I bought
an Indian. I miss my Drifter.

Unfortunately the Drift-In is on the same weekend as the ABATE of Indiana Boogie,
which is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Woodstock this year.

Vader

Gary Anderson - Sorry to inform you, but the Canadian Rendezvous for 2019 has been cancelled due to the death of one of the members "Ratman".  He had been handling all of the info on this forum for the event.  I was asked by remaining host Owen Forde to pass this info on to you so that you don't end up alone there in July.  Sorry for the bad news. Ride safely. 

tj

Would like to go...could you keep us posted?

RockinRollin

I believe Owen Forde is planning a memorial ride in Thessalon (between Sault Ste Marie and Sudbury) late spring early summer this year, low key. Date not yet known.

garry anderson

A rendezvous wouldn't be the same without ratman, I am sorry to hear that the 2019 event has been cancelled. North Bay was fun and I was looking forward to the rendezvous in the Soo.   Garry A

Troll

I believe this has been canceled, since Ratman passed away

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

garry anderson

Hi Tanya and Owen, Diane and I are looking forward to attending the rendezvous in July.

Garry Anderson

CDNRatMan

Well you need to change your location on your info, you no longer pay taxes in Oshawa......correct.......so change that asap.......man I need to sit down with Aunty Tracy and have a long talk with her......oh how is Rufus doing.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

RockinRollin

No matter, just needed to get the story straight. You Northerners sure are different, that's for sure :o.

CDNRatMan

Uncle Rolly is Aunt Tracy around you right now? Have her give you your meds for your OCD. Please. The Forde's who are going to host the event live in Thessalon and they wanted or want to host the event there, but if it gets to large, or they need more options then it is the Soo. Second reason for calling it Rendezvous in the Soo is because how many people ever heard of Thessalon, let alone know how to pronounce the name correctly. Then as GreenBarn stated Rendezvous in the Soo sounds so much better........oh do you need a map also or is Aunt Tracy going to ride with you and be your GPS?

greenbarn

Quote from: RockinRollin on February 24, 2018, 08:55:53 AM

You say it's in the Soo but Carolyn Beach Inn & Restaurant is in Thessalon?

(before Ratman can jump in here....)
Yea, Uncle Rolly, but "Rendesvous in the Soo" sounded so much BETTER than "Rendesvous at Thes".....     Geez, some people are so picky, LOL..... :D ;D
No Worries

RockinRollin

You say it's in the Soo but Carolyn Beach Inn & Restaurant is in Thessalon?

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 18, 2018, 21:01:15 PM

;) ....... they might even let you sleep in the main house and not in the barn......

There's always the cabin by the pond, LOL
No Worries

Pilgrim

LOL..that's what I'm planning on If they will have me..

CDNRatMan

;) Pilgrim it is only a short 934.56782 miles for you if you ride on through or as I have added a second map for you, you could ride to Richwood and tag up with GreenBarn and trailer with him the rest of the way, I know you will use your advanced age as a reason you can not ride more than about 5 hours a day. So I have added a map to Richwood and it is only 410.73758 miles so a mere 6 hour ride for you and then have a good night sleep and a wonderful meal prepared by the ever lovely Mrs GreenBarn....... they might even let you sleep in the main house and not in the barn......

Pilgrim

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 17, 2018, 21:18:23 PM

And a map for you Bucko.......only a 4 day ride....

That would be a good ride... scenic

CDNRatMan

:o to be honest in the summer our days are really long, sun rise about 0445 and sun sets about 2200, and does not get that dark.....

jmbo

Quote from: Bucko on February 17, 2018, 20:41:11 PM

Days must be longer in your neck of the woods.  ;D ;D

Plus you guys are on metric time so the day may be longer.

Jimb

Troll

That's the same route I have with MS streets and trips. Already in the planning stages.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk