AT LAST! SUCCESS! REAR CRASH BARS!

Started by Tector, July 10, 2021, 17:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tj

mittico68

They look really cool!
Very similar to the ones I got from Ted, sometime ago.
Well done.

I love my swingin' bike!

Tector

I finally got the rear crash bars (dresser bars, engine guards, whatever) installed on my 1999 Drifter 1500 today!  I think they look great on this bike, and will look even better once I've had them painted (black, like a lot of the other metal on these bikes).  Your mileage may vary.

They cost me $250 the set.  They are all steel, unfinished.  The guy who made them said that you can contact him (contact info below) if you'd like a set.  He could also have them powder-coated or painted (for a fee).  Presumably, shipping would be extra as well.

Russell Eisenhower is the source, at Superior Mobile Welding.  Website is superiormobilewelding.com.  E-mail is russ@superiormobilewelding.com.  He is also on facebook, apparently.

I hope the pictures come out.  If not, shoot me a personal message and I'll try to attach them to an e-mail.

I took the one picture from behind the bike to show how symmetrical they are (like the factory FRONT engine guards).  And I took one picture from above trying to show that each one angles slightly back from a line perpendicular to the long axis of the bike.  That picture doesn't really seem to show that aspect of them that well, likely because there is very little deviation from the perpendicular.  I took my (two-up) seat off the bike to make it easier to see these new rear guards.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk