Previous topic - Next topic

CousinVinnie

Agree Agree x 1 View List
The Original Cousin Vinnie
99 Drifter (Jewell)Signed by Denny Berg
00 Drifter (Gracie) Saved from the scrap heap

greenbarn

Quote from: Old Drifter on September 02, 2018, 18:26:49 PM

What do they call the Polaris Indians? 8)

The Polaris Indians are just Drifter Tribute Bikes...  8)

Like Like x 1 View List
No Worries

Hatchet54

I have had no less than 7 old guys insist to me at gas stations that they used to have a Harley EXACTLY like my Honda 450.

The last one asked me type of engine it was...Pan, Shovel, ert...and I told him, "It's a Fish Head" and scooted out of there

Old Drifter

Quote from: bikerbob5864 on August 02, 2018, 01:29:17 AM

The "Boys" call my Drifter the Pretendian.

What do they call the Polaris Indians? 8)
Gene

1999 Drifter

Zoar

Quote from: Zoar on October 31, 2016, 11:39:55 AM

Real Indians.... Geeeez. I suppose he only wears real Harley Davidson approved clothes too because clothes just aren't real clothes unless they have "the" right label.

The annoying thing I hear all the time is:

"Oh, motorcycles are too dangerous, you shouldn't be riding one!"

The reply in my head starts with F and ends with U.

bikerbob5864

The "Boys" call my Drifter the Pretendian.

bikerbob5864

Most of my Harley friends rib me good naturedly about my Drifter, then admit that they like it better than they like their own bikes sometimes. I just bought a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe at a great price, something to carry mama around in comfort and I decided I would do Sturgis this year(Haven't been in 20 years)At the Shop today the comment was made about having the "old Man"(me) riding in back on the way out so as not to get in the way of all those screaming Harley's. One of the fellas, who rides a '48 Panhead out there every year comes back with, "No, Bob is back there with the most reliable bike to pick up all the parts that fall off those screamin'  Harley's  LOL.

Zoar

Quote from: greenbarn on July 03, 2017, 21:34:15 PM

On the new Polaris Indians....  I tell people they are just a Drifter Tribute bike, LOL ;D

Yes, the Drifter deserves a tribute bike.

I'd consider one.

45 Bravo

Quote from: greenbarn on July 03, 2017, 21:34:15 PM

On the new Polaris Indians....  I tell people they are just a Drifter Tribute bike, LOL ;D

Now that one I like! 

greenbarn

No Worries

BlackBlueMagoo

Zoar

Quote from: BugzeeMalone on November 05, 2016, 00:22:28 AM

When I get "Aren't motorcycles dangerous"?
I reply that "I came into this world bloody, kicking, and screaming. I probably will go out the same way."

Being stupid is dangerous, too. ...I don't see anyone trying to stop stupidity, if anything it is lauded and applauded and heralded as something GOOD! (oh man, that so hurts, the way stupidity is celebrated here in the US in so many places and circles).

Pilgrim

Quote from: jmbo on July 27, 2016, 21:07:40 PM

"Is that an Indian.....Oh..it's just a Drifter..."  Informed but unappreciative!!

naw man...it's a Drindian

Zoar

Quote from: BugzeeMalone on November 05, 2016, 00:22:28 AM

I reply that "I came into this world bloody, kicking, and screaming. I probably will go out the same way."

I was just about to post about this on this thread: People saying to me when I walk in some where with my motorcycle helmet and riding clothes--- "Motorcycles are SO dangerous!"

...talk about rolling of the eyes.

BugzeeMalone

Looking for a solo seat

Zoar

Quote from: moosewayne on September 26, 2013, 17:40:46 PM

Had a good one the other day.

Guy gave my ride the once over, said "real pretty....but ya know, they still make real Indians"

Me (former Gilroy Chief owner): "Yeah, but I wanted a bike that started"

Real Indians.... Geeeez. I suppose he only wears real Harley Davidson approved clothes too because clothes just aren't real clothes unless they have "the" right label.

CDNRatMan

8) This trip I waved at everybody including the bikes passing me and today a funny three wheeled bike......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Old Drifter

Yes GB, I've also noticed that some of the "elite H-D" (sarcasm) group doesn't wave.         

Gene

1999 Drifter

greenbarn

Yes, I've seen even LESS and LESS HD people wave on the road - I think Polaris has had a negative effect on the perception of OUR drifters, how ironic.....  The HD'ers have their nose out of joint b/c of the new Indian presence in their previously only-HD group of  'American made' bikes, not to mention MANY HD people I know are saying the Indian is better and more affordable than the HD's ---  So a lot of the HD crowd resents the Polaris Indian, and anything that looks like it----  Even though the last Drifters were made a long time before Polaris did their Indian.

No Worries

mittico68

Quote from: jmbo on July 27, 2016, 21:07:40 PM

"Is that an Indian.....Oh..it's just a Drifter..."  Informed but unappreciative!!

A few days ago, I happened to stop with ma-deuce at a gas station, during a short ride around my town.
There was a group of harleys parked over, with some of those "nice" guys lurkin' around.
While I was filling in the gas, I eard someone of them sayin': "That's a Drifter...".
I would have been happy to know there's some h-d people being informed about non-harley's world, but the ironic tone of that phrase has left me a bad taste in the mouth...
Just sayin'...

I love my swingin' bike!

jmbo

Jimb

Ironworking

I am a Campbell with Scottish background. My wife's mother was from Ireland and her maiden name was Campbell.

chief

Quote from: Ironworking on July 23, 2016, 17:00:39 PM

So being  a Campbell, i have to ask are you a Campbell?

On my Mother's side. Lived in Scotland for 3-4 years... and yes, I my kilt is Campbell tartan.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Indian_fan

Not an annoying saying, but experience, rather. I saw a bike stopped on the side of the road ahead of me, driver bent over looking at the engine area, so I slow down, getting ready to stop and offer assistance if needed. As I'm getting close I see him getting ready to go, so I start speeding up again. He takes off, lays on the Harley throttle, and screams past me in the left hand lane. *shrugs*

Ironworking

Quote from: chief on January 24, 2011, 16:12:11 PM

Let's not let this degenerate into a harley vs us discussion. there are PLENTY of those stories around.

I had a lady look at my bike and ask if it was a harley. I said no, its a Vulcan Drifter... she looked at the graphics on my tank and said..."oh a swedish harley"... I just laughed and told her the word on the tank was Gaelic. Blank look.... ahh... war cry for Clan Campbell...  she said ok... but as she walked off she told her friend... he's with an outlaw biker clan and that bike is a Swedish harley... he friend looked back at me as they picked up their pace.

I stopped at a little convenience store for fuel. A guy on a slightly customized harley pulled up next to the door about the time I went in. He looked at the Drifter and did the nice bike thing... but he identified it as a Vulcan... I complemented his bike... He pulled off his gloves and said..."I'd rather have yours any day!"... took me totally by surprise. I just smiled and wished him a safe ride.

So being  a Campbell, i have to ask are you a Campbell?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk