Howdy!

Started by Landscraper, September 12, 2018, 23:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westfield21

650 bucks? What a steal! Welcome to the club  :D

"When you're wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, people don't know who you are. So I just wander around and, yeah, it's pretty awesome.

mittico68

Nice scoot!
But I wonder if riding headlightless is legal in your country...  ???

I love my swingin' bike!

Landscraper

Alrighty, heres a pic of the Drifter, Ive been riding it without the headlight, those passing lights are crazy bright, cars veer far away from me lol.

greenbarn

Welcome, Landscraper.    Sounds like you got a steel there.    Wanna double your money? LOL...      Sorry don't have a headlight for you.

Did anybody mention, we like pics??    ;D

No Worries

mittico68

Welcome aboard!
You'll see, the Drifter is a great bike and a sure turn-head.
And this Forum is a wonderful source of infos and help!
You made a great deal, indeed!
But remember: no pics = it didn't happen...  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

Landscraper

Hey everybody,

Joined this forum hoping to get advice on various things on my bike. Ive got a 2001 Drifter 1500 which i just finished with, a Vulcan 1500 BUBF and a Virago 1100 (which is too small) Interesting story about how I got my drifter, I payed 650 buckaroos for the thing because it came all apart in little boxes of organized parts, motor stripped down to the bare block. I spent a month re-assembling and modifying. Ported the cylinder heads, eliminated all emmisions related crap, Cadman mod, reed block offs ect.  What a beautiful bike! Aparently the previous owner had heard a tapping in the rear cylinder head and decided to take everything apart. Issue ended up being the Hydraulic lifters were a bit gummed up, dead quiet now. The bike is in need of some sort of fuel management system. Currently I have an adjustable range pot spliced in with the IAT sensor that can be adjusted on the fly. Doesnt feel quite right yet down low however.

Anyways Im from NH, where everything is wicked awesome, hope to learn a thing or 2 here. 8)

Probly the wrong place to ask but Im in search of a headlight housing for my drifter as it was the 1 single part not included in all the little boxes it came in, kawasaki want 180 Bucks for one :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk