2014 Drift-In

Started by chief, July 29, 2013, 15:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

Hey, there Mr. Barn....I've been working on a route that takes me a 100 miles out of my way so I can stop in at your place, and we can go together....Still in the rough planning stages, but we might be able to collect a couple of others as we go....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

greenbarn

Quote from: racemom91 on February 13, 2014, 14:11:03 PM

Hey - is there a page to actually register for Drift In 2014 yet?  or not?  I reserved room, but seems like I still need to register.....and Collin just let me know he's taking off work and coming with us.....so 3 bikes...

Looks to me like the main Drift-In website is:
http://www.drift-in.org/index.html

They have a registration page on there.   Guess I'd better register...

No Worries

BamaBikerMom

Sigh.... I am soooo over winter... All this snow/ice/cold weather is for the people who live up north.... there is a reason that I live in the South for and well this is not it...LOL... I heard my poor bike  :'( crying the other night.... I do believe that it is feeling neglected...lol..

But I will ride next Saturday no matter the weather I have a benefit ride to do for a young boy who has stage IV non-hodgins lymphoma... :(

We will be getting to Maggie Valley that Tuesday... So we can get a little rest from the ride there before we start the group rides.. and I agree with Troll I had fun and meet many new people.. Cant wait too do it again!!

racemom91

Hey - is there a page to actually register for Drift In 2014 yet?  or not?  I reserved room, but seems like I still need to register.....and Collin just let me know he's taking off work and coming with us.....so 3 bikes...

FloridaDrifter

Room booked.  Now 6 months of...............................waiting.  Is it time yet?

DC

RESERVATION MADE!!!!!!!  I just finished a great conversation with Carol.

I just got a room with one bed.  Leaving the wives at home.  I like going solo most of the time.

Pilgrim

I'm thinking I will arrive late morning of the 14 and stay Thur night, Friday night, Saturday night.

greenbarn

So when do you plan to get there THIS year?

No Worries

Pilgrim

Last year I arrived in Helen, Ga on Thursday evening and it was getting dark so I had to find a campsite. I didn't go into town until Friday morning. Had a great time!
Only 7 months till Drift-In 2014...

Troll

I made the same assumption about Wed. as you did, and missed the ride, but stayed for the thunderstorm! Won't make that mistake again..This was the most fun I EVER had riding with a group. I always hated group rides, but this is VERY different from the usual, how do I put this...H-D type ride!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

racemom91

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while...

Trailering:  We trailered last year - not my preferred method of travel, but the old man has a rotten back and as mentioned above, better to arrive ready to rock n roll than all crippled up in pain for the week.  Anybody with an issue - well it's their issue!  I personally would ride it if somebody wants to come trailer with the hubby  ;D  And as for Sturgis - I was out there in 12 - actually I rode thru to Bozeman MT and back - thoses posers do NOT ride in! Oh yeah, some do - but 90% of the bikes I saw were heading in on trailers!  In their defense however, if I were to ride it again (from NE Indiana) - I would trailer to the SD/IA border - nothing to see in Indiana, Iowa or Illinois except Corn and pigs - and you can't carry in IL!

Last year there was a ride on Wed. at Drift In, we missed it as we assumed that was check in day only and arrived late in the day.  Whenever you get there will work out just fine - many were there for the whole time, some were way early and several made it only for the weekend - I'm sure Chief is doing a great job planning and their will be plenty to do no matter when you arrive!
Last year's format was to ride during the day and chill at night.

We are looking forward to 2014 Drift In! 

greenbarn

Well, I finally took the plunge and made my room reservations for Maggie Valley.  So I'm definitely planning to go, God willing.

I have one question, though  - can anybody tell me what I would miss if I wasn't able to go down early enough to be there for the Wed. 8/13 day?   I know there probably isn't a definite schedule yet, but I figured there will probably be a ride scheduled for that day??  Anybody have any rough schedule together yet??

Come on warm weather....   ;D

No Worries

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on December 21, 2013, 22:52:19 PM

now why would you slander my good name so.......I would not give him grief, if you noticed earlier I told him he needs to do what he needs to do, you would be so lucky to be as able as DC is at his age, heck you will be lucky to live as long as DC, you know he was a VIP passenger on the Ark. So do not pick on the poor man.......

And that was back when you could have as many wives as you wanted and no one batted an eye.  I don't care if people don't like it.  That's just how I live.  A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Eagle

Maggie Valley,  was banning all rallies , etc. due to a lot of citizens and businesses complaining about motorcycle groups there.  Has that changed ? ?

Another 'heads up'.......  we were at a motel that had no smoking, and "never" smoked in the room.  However,  was around the fire pit, which left a smoky smell on some clothes which I  put into a plastic bag when I changed.   However,   they "smelled" what I can only assume was the smoky clothes from being around the fire,  and claimed I had been smoking in the room (never did )  and wanted me to pay a 'fee'.  So,  a caution for anyone around the fire pits.....  you could get 'accused', and how do you prove your innocence ? .   

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on December 21, 2013, 22:52:19 PM

now why would you slander my good name so.......I would not give him grief, if you noticed earlier I told him he needs to do what he needs to do, you would be so lucky to be as able as DC is at his age, heck you will be lucky to live as long as DC, you know he was a VIP passenger on the Ark. So do not pick on the poor man.......

....my point exactly.... ;D ;D
No Worries

CDNRatMan

Ratman might give you grief, but he's gonna give you grief anyway about something....   :o

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Quote from: DC on December 19, 2013, 07:53:20 AM

I'm curious, but at the risk of sounding sacrilegious, is anyone trailering their bike down?  I'm not sure my back can take the ride all the way down and back.  I'd rather arrive with a usable back and butt for riding at the meet, than end up crippled over in pain for most of the time there.

I'd say, man it doesn't matter to me.  Shouldnt' be a big deal to anybody else, either- like you said better to trailer it and be able to ride, than to ride the whole trip there and be laid up in bed the whole time.  Ratman might give you grief, but he's gonna give you grief anyway about something....   :o

No Worries

Pilgrim

Get there anyway you can...just get there. ;D

CDNRatMan

DC you have to do what is best for you.........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

The one I went to was about 50% trailer. I'm riding, but then I always ride to things. I think the percentage of people riding is higher than that of Sturgis, so that shows you another difference in rider type!

DC

I'm curious, but at the risk of sounding sacrilegious, is anyone trailering their bike down?  I'm not sure my back can take the ride all the way down and back.  I'd rather arrive with a usable back and butt for riding at the meet, than end up crippled over in pain for most of the time there.

BamaBikerMom

T- 283 days..... got your reservations yet. :o .... we do......... whoop whoop....... 8)

1SG CAV

looks like I will be making the ride to drift-in 2014, If my wife don't make the trip. Then I'll ride the whole 2600 miles from Salem Oregon. I have family in Charlotte, NC that I want to see also. If the wife goes then I'll have to trailer the bike behind the motorhome. Will be bidding for shift and vacation for next year in two weeks.

Ride with Pride

ventoracing

Only 800 mi from my location.... Count me in!

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 29, 2013, 14:37:38 PM

oh no not SPEEDOMETOR......but my rather large carcass in a speedo bathing suit, or a hammock for my .............or dental floss.......ok enough said ...DC now we need real funds......

NO, NOT THAT!!!!!!!!     :o

I'm on my way to the bank, as we speak!!!!!    :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk