Speedo Cable

Started by LadyDrifter, October 13, 2019, 13:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trall

I'll stop by my local Napa and get some.
Thanks

Troll

Quote from: Trall on July 02, 2020, 01:43:14 AM

Troll,

Is the the type of Lubricate oil you use?

No... I said LUBRIPLATE....it's a lithium based white grease. There are many brands out there. Don't get the spray stuff, it's been thinned..Last tube I bought was at NAPA.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Old Drifter

Quote from: chief on October 14, 2019, 18:24:38 PM

At least one member has found an alternative...

"Motion Pro universal speedometer cable kit, part no. 061107. It's 50" long and comes with 3 different ends to choose from. Just measure, cut to length and install the correct end for your application."
Might try this one if you can't find a Drifter or Nomad cable.

For one, that would be me, :) and yes it's worked well so far. 8)  Great option!
Gene

1999 Drifter

Trall

Troll,

Is the the type of Lubricate oil you use?

Trall

[quote  ONE thing to keep in mind when replacing ANY cable, and as a normal maintenance ritual...LUBRICATE THE CABLE CORE!!!!I use lubriplate...same stuff I use on all my guns...NO CABLE will last if run dry!!!
[/quote]

That's good to know. Will buy today. Thx

Troll

Personally, I used the universal kit on all my H-Ds when the oem one broke. ONE thing to keep in mind when replacing ANY cable, and as a normal maintenance ritual...LUBRICATE THE CABLE CORE!!!!I use lubriplate...same stuff I use on all my guns...NO CABLE will last if run dry!!!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Trall

In case your still looking for a speedo cable for your 2000.

On EBay search this-
New Kawasaki VN 1500 J2 Drifter 2000 (1500 CC) - Hi-Quality Speedo Cable

A business out of the UK is making them with shipping for around $20.

I ordered one for my 2000 to have a backup On hand just in case. 

chief

At least one member has found an alternative...

"Motion Pro universal speedometer cable kit, part no. 061107. It's 50" long and comes with 3 different ends to choose from. Just measure, cut to length and install the correct end for your application."
Might try this one if you can't find a Drifter or Nomad cable.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

tj

Quote from: LadyDrifter on October 13, 2019, 13:13:33 PM

ANYONE know where I can order a speedometer cable? I have found that the sites I know of, are saying it's no longer manufactured?? What's a girl to do now?

When mine broke, I ordered one for a nomad...doesn't have the bend in it (by the hub).
Hope that helps.

mittico68

Did you try also ebay?
If I'm not wrong, it happens to read of 2nd hand cables sales.
Just my 1,5 cents...

I love my swingin' bike!

LadyDrifter

ANYONE know where I can order a speedometer cable? I have found that the sites I know of, are saying it's no longer manufactured?? What's a girl to do now?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk