Vulcan 800 with Springer Front end

Started by Ernest, July 01, 2018, 12:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernest

Quote from: Troll on December 27, 2018, 20:12:42 PM

H-Ds had a "springer", Indians had a girder or a leaf spring....and they went hydraulic in 1950...

that's a true statement, the Harley springer is nicer looking, than the indian leaf spring, in my opinion.   The Drifter 800 frame/softail more resembles the vintage Harley rigid frames, which is more aesthetically pleasing.   I guess, this is about pulling the best features of both vintage bikes and combining making a more beautiful bike.

Troll

H-Ds had a "springer", Indians had a girder or a leaf spring....and they went hydraulic in 1950...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

KEN.

Merry Christmas All....some how a springer front end that fits a HD,..... just doesn't seem right on a drifter however if a Girderstyle  front end was fitted it might look more "Indianish" to me....KEN.

mittico68

I've found another Drifter with a springer front end.
Take a look at pic, taken via pinterest.

I love my swingin' bike!

Pete

Springers fitted with a Drifter-like front fender can be done!

Oldy's produce a fibre-glass replacement front fender for the Drifter. They also produce a fender with the same shape as the Drifter fender, but without the recesses for the fork-sliders.

Oldy's is run by a bunch of very knowledgeable and helpful people, a great company to do business with.

http://www.badassglass.us/fenders.html

Ride safe, live long and prosper.

mittico68

Quote from: mittico68 on July 02, 2018, 02:07:17 AM

I've been mumblin' about a springer front end mod, but then I gave up because of the money it takes... and the fact that it forces to remove the cool front fender off of our Drifters (unless you're a wizard of composite materials).
But I do agree with you: the springer front end is way cool!

I must admit that I was mistakin'.
The springer front end is compatible with the Drifter's fender!
Take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOUUkOJCHGY
Maybe, that's a Indian front fender... but who cares? That's absolutely cool!!!  8)
I love my swingin' bike!

greenbarn

No Worries

Ernest

mittico68

Yeah, but you must also consider that you can't ride no bike if you're doing any mod by yourself...  ;D

I love my swingin' bike!

Ernest

Quote from: mittico68 on July 02, 2018, 02:07:17 AM

I've been mumblin' about a springer front end mod, but then I gave up because of the money it takes... and the fact that it forces to remove the cool front fender off of our Drifters (unless you're a wizard of composite materials).

Actually, I was considering purchasing a Vulcan 800 Classic for the Springer front end, leaving My Drifter as is.  Can purchase the 800 Classic relatively in-expensive, anywhere from 1k to 2k.   so I would have an Indian Clone and a Harley 45 ci clone.  What's nice about having two bikes, is you have one to ride, while the other is being modified.

mittico68

I love my swingin' bike!

Ernest

not sure if video will post.  Very cool Vulcan 800 with Springer front end.  I've already priced the springer front ends, anywhere from 4 to 6 Hundred.  not sure what the project in-tells

https://youtu.be/DFowqOIJHJs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk