Re: Top speed?

Started by Chevazon, December 31, 2010, 03:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatchet54

I don't know what you guys are talking about. On my deserted highways I've done exactly 110 on my 800 before I felt like she'd had enough. I couldn't handle the wind at that speed anyway.

This was BEFORE I had modified my intake or carb or anything. Bone stock with that speed. I haven't tried it again since juicing it.

I would look into your performance, because these machines can fly.

DC

I got to 110, but the engine was just begging for a 6th gear.

Washbrook

A few years ago I have had my 1999 Drifter up to 165 kph [that's about 102 mph for you northerners] and it felt maxed out at that point. I would have liked more.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Kevin B.

My 1500 maxed out at 117.  I had to know.

greenbarn

Should be able to get 75 with no problem on flat ground...  sounds like maybe you have an issue with the motor. 

No Worries

chief

According to the specs, the 800 is 93.3 ... but terrain and performance of individual bikes will make that figure vary.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

mittico68

I've got a 800, too, but mine can go way over 75 mph.
When I ride solo on a highway, I can reach 90 mph and she looks like havin' more to give.
There must be something wrong with your bike, and I'm sure that soon or later the Gurus of this Forum will chime in to help ya.

I love my swingin' bike!

vdrfiter805

quick question for everyone, i have a 2000 vulcan 800 drifter that when i ride it feels like i cant go past 75mph, is any one else having this issue.
Thank you.

chief

Good GPS' are very accurate for speed.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

two wheels of fury

A Vulcan that reads 70 but is going 60? That highly illogical. :) Anyway, has anyone ever tried using a GPS to measure their speed? I'm wondering if those things are accurate.

Indian Drifter

Had my 01 800 up to 112 b4 I chickened out. probably had a couple more mph in it but not much..  :-[

Chevazon

Whilst travelling back from our epic End to End ride (  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX-AgrsOlFs&feature=player_embedded) I decided to test how fast my 1500 was.
Yes I know it is illegal and maybe a bit stupid but sometimes the Devil gets to you.
The Trusty Steed was loaded with our camping gear with my partner Caz on the back. I am around 300 lbs with Caz being around 140 lbs. I had the satnav on to check my speed.
The bike went up to 100 mph but was showing 95 on the satnav and it was still pulling !
I know they are not meant to be fast machines but they can haul went you push them.
I also have an 800 which despite having no bags and a single seat will only get me to 90 mph on the flat. (Devil got me again !)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk