One Hundred Thousand Memories

Started by Feed Poster, September 17, 2014, 16:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feed Poster

One Hundred Thousand Memories

This is not my first post espousing my K75 .

100,000 Miles

We first met when my motorcycle endorsement was but 3 days old.

I dropped it the first time I tried to take it off the center stand. And to this day it still has asymmetric mirrors, because I was too embarrassed to admit I did not know the difference between a high and low one.

Asymmetric Mirrors

It is, of course, the bike we took on The Trip.  This reason alone justifies my never wanting to sell it.

The Trip
And this leads into why I have $1,000 dollars in parts on order for a bike that could, at best, fetch $2,000.  It is my most illogical investment. But it would break my heart to part with it.   So when my trusted mechanic called with the sad news that the splines on both the final drive and drive shaft where shot, and while we're at it, we ought to replace the alternator. I glanced briefly at the savings account, took a deep breath, and said "let's do this thing".  100,000 miles, the bike owed me nothing, but carries everything.  It's only money. In a few years I'll never remember where those dollars went. But I'd be terribly lost if I failed to invest in my 68 hp memory album. I want to put more memories, more sMiles on the K.

Let's do this thing.

Source: One Hundred Thousand Memories

She Rides a Beemer - http://sheridesabeemer.blogspot.com

NEWS FEED ROBOT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk