The Grampians - The Hills

Started by Washbrook, January 26, 2016, 21:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Washbrook

Thanks for the comments. It is not actually a very popular road for bikes as it is not that well known and the debris on the road puts some off. The average speed was only about 58 kph but looks faster with the sped up footage. The other riders were with me and I was riding Tail End on that part of the days ride. There are a lot of roads in Victoria that are close in like country England if you have the time to find them.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

pcarrell

Great Vid!  Looks like that's a popular road with other riders too!

mittico68

Nice video.
But man! what a mess with that speed... I've had to grab my chair's handlebars and keep my head waaay back off the pc screen!!! ;)
And most of all, it reminds me the feeling I've had when I rode a car in England for the first time...

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

I am so glad that you mentioned that the vid was twice the normal speed, because man you look like you were flying down the road, poor Troll will be green with envy, because it looks like a really fun ride.  What was the actual speed on the road for normal people? Really cool how you all stay on the wrong side of the road so easy......lol
Bet the pucker factor went up once you went on that side road and had all the branches and twigs on the road.......
Really nice to watch......need to take it to the big screen and sit on my bike later and watch it again......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Washbrook

Video of a short 13.2 km ride on roads behind the mail township of Hall's Gap in the Grampians region of Victoria filmed last Sunday. The video is run at twice actual speed so you can view the entire section in a reasonable time frame. Most is two way traffic although there is a small section in the middle that is one way.

https://vimeo.com/153190446

You cannot see my Drifter as the camera is mounted on my handlebars.

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk