chief

JMBO's submission won !!  Check out Drift-In.org

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

jmbo

Curious as to how the voting went.

Jimb

chief

Today is the LAST DAY to vote on your logo selection. I will submit the winner to the host tomorrow! Get your vote in now!

http://drift-in.org/logocontest.html

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

chief

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

chief

Okay, last day to submit your logo!  You guys have blown the doors off on this one! Thanks. We will start voting tomorrow. If you have a submission please provide asap!

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

pcarrell

Quote from: CDNRatMan on March 23, 2014, 21:01:14 PM

not from you but from a few others.....49, D1 and PC just to name a couple.....

Hey!  I didn't even mention you......in this thread!  :D

chief

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

not from you but from a few others.....49, D1 and PC just to name a couple.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on March 23, 2014, 19:20:15 PM

WOW I don't even get to post anything and am going to get hammered some more, OK I have some pictures for you GB.......I'll send them to your work email......lol......

That wasn't hammering, my friend....   Just a projection......
No Worries

CDNRatMan

WOW I don't even get to post anything and am going to get hammered some more, OK I have some pictures for you GB.......I'll send them to your work email......lol......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on March 20, 2014, 19:06:11 PM

Okay I think we have the most talented Drifter Riders in the world on here... time to submit your Drift-In 2014 logo ideas. We will be voting on them over on the Drift-in.org site starting on the 29th!

Submit your designs to me. The only thing required is Drift-In 2014 someplace on the design. You can see all the past logos over on the drift-in site. I'll be submitting at least two myself... and I ain't no graphic designer!

Go for it!

Chief, what's the best way to submit these??   Your e-mail button on the forum goes to forum-email, and I don't see a way for attachments.  Likewise on PMs.    Can you post your email on here, or do you want them attached to this thread???

I think RATMAN has a couple of ideas to submit as well.  Something about a Santa on a Drifter with a swim-suit, and a cowboy hat?? 

No Worries

DriftinGirl

Troll

Hey...looks like mine! I like it!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

jmbo

Here's another design for your consideration.  The design can go down to three colors.

Jimb

greenbarn

Maybe my design will have a 2-tone Drifter on it - and I can leave the 2-tone "blank" on the design - and then everybody can have their choice of 2-tone based on their t-shirt color!!  Like a paint-your-own-bike-t-shirt.....   ;D   (patent pending) ::)

No Worries

chief

"One thing you can do is use a colored shirt that can be a color in the design"...

That is exactly right... unfortunately we don't know what color shirts the host has in mind!! We sometimes have to adapt the accepted design to deal with the color issues.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

greenbarn

With my skills in graphic design, I'm just planning to submit a stick drawing, and you'll have to use your imagination.....

No Worries

chief

If the shirts are screen printed the number of colors matter. If decals are used its no problem. Complexity isn't a problem either way. I suggest folks just do their designs and we'll deal with the color/complexity issue if it becomes an issue. Below is the logo for the 2011 DI as an example.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

pcarrell

More colors means more layers to the silk screener and drives costs up.  To do an elaborate design you'd have to sell many thousands of shirts for the cost to come down per shirt.  We're not going to sell that many shirts, so the cost is spread across fewer items which drives the cost per unit price up.  That's why less colors is desirable.  One thing you can do is use a colored shirt that can be a color in the design (Just don't silk screen that part of the design and the shirt color shows through.).  So basically, if you plan it right you can have a 2 color design and only pay for 1 color.

chief

Quote from: greenbarn on March 21, 2014, 21:56:08 PM

That's why I thought maybe be OK - some of the t-shirts are really elaborate now.   Just wondering....  getting the wheels turning...

Go for it!

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on March 21, 2014, 21:48:50 PM

Have a look at previous logos at drift-in.org. The  example would not necessarily be too much. You know what they put on t-shirts nowadays.

That's why I thought maybe be OK - some of the t-shirts are really elaborate now.   Just wondering....  getting the wheels turning... 

No Worries

chief

Quote from: greenbarn on March 21, 2014, 21:41:27 PM

So, I need help here.  Is something like the pic I posted, for example, too elaborate/detailed/multicolored to work well for this project?   It seems to me it would have to  be simpler/plainer/less detailed to work?  Just not sure what is the "ideal" type of detail level??

Have a look at previous logos at drift-in.org. The  example would not necessarily be too much. You know what they put on t-shirts nowadays.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

greenbarn

So, I need help here.  Is something like the pic I posted, for example, too elaborate/detailed/multicolored to work well for this project?   It seems to me it would have to  be simpler/plainer/less detailed to work?  Just not sure what is the "ideal" type of detail level??   

No Worries

chief

Did I mention an AWARD if you logo is selected!?

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

chief

Yep printed on T-shirts but does not have to be a single color.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk