VN Drifter 1500

Started by Paul, June 23, 2019, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Paul, the others have pretty much summed it up.  I have one of each, and love them both.  As others have said the 1500 is more suited for interstate riding and longer trips, whilst the 800 (more like your 900) I prefer for short trips, tooling around.  Also, I much prefer the bigger bike for 2-up riding.
I don't think, though, you'll be "out-biked", with the 1500, if you handled the 900 OK

No Worries

mittico68

Quote from: OR Seedman on June 29, 2019, 10:20:12 AM

Marco:

You know what everyone on here told me when my wife said I had to sell one of the Drifters, right?......Time for a new wife!  LOL

;D ;D ;D

I love my swingin' bike!

OR Seedman

Marco:

You know what everyone on here told me when my wife said I had to sell one of the Drifters, right?......Time for a new wife!  LOL

OR Seedman

mittico68

Guys, you make me want a 1500 as well!
Even though I'm a (really) happy owner of a 800 since 1999.
If only I could convince my wife that 2 bikes are better then one...  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

jmbo

The earlier comments at well put.  The 1500 is a solid road bike.  I went from a 900 to a 1500.  They are dramatically different bikes.  I loved to toss the 900 around on the back roads but riding the interstate was a pain.  I thought getting the 1500 would put an end to my back road fun.  Not the case.  the 1500 is as nimble on the back roads as anyone would want.  Sure, I scrap a running board or two once in a while.  The weight and the torque keep the bike on the road and moving well through the twistys and it's a dream on the open road.

Jimb

OR Seedman

I switched from the Drifter 800 to the 1500 about a year ago....the 1500 is less nimble at low speed but definitely makes up for that in much better low end torque and just overall riding..less "buzzing" at highway speed and smoother through the gears....the 800 was a great around town bike, but did not get it done for me in hills and riding on the open road..

OR Seedman

chief

The 1500 is about 130 lbs heavier. Of course, that translates into a better ride on the highway.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Bucko

It is big and heavy but a joy to ride.  If you are competent on your 900, I doubt you'd have difficulty getting used to a 1500.

Paul

Hi, I am contemplating buying a VN 1500 Drifter, but I wouldn't consider myself as an accomplished biker and I'm wondering if I am biting off more than I can chew. I have just sold my VN900 custom and wondered if the 1500 drifter is going to be a massive jump up in size. The bike looks pretty heavy. Can anybody advise or offer advice ?
Many thanks  :-\

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk