Larger passenger. Is the 800 up to the task?

Started by Steve45, August 28, 2021, 06:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

There should be a sticker on the frame with correct tire pressures and GVW/capacity written on it

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

jack freeman

Read your owners manual or better still a shop manual will help . The tool you need in your tool pouch  its  is from left side .
Read your manual it will give the weight that the bike can handle . But a good rider knows what is safe . Enjoy

Thanks  Jack

Steve45

Cool thank you. I definitely plan on doing that. I also plan on getting a new set of tires. Bike only has 4,700 miles and I believe they are the original tires. I don?t really want to load up the bike on 15 year old rubber..

mittico68

I own a 800 and I've been riding together with my wife, many times.
But we weigh a lot less then you, so I can't help you.
Anyway, I've heard of many people of the same weight as you, having a smooth ride on a Drifter 800: all it takes is to harden the pre-load on the rear shock.

I love my swingin' bike!

Steve45

Hi everyone. I?m currently in negotiation for a deal on a drifter 800 with the 2 up Corbin seat but I need a bit of advice from someone with more experience. I will be riding a decent amount with my wife as a passenger. I?m about 200lbs but my passenger will be about 280 (just a guess, not polite to ask!) My question is, would the rear mono shock be up to the task? Anyone had a similar load on the 800? Anything would be appreciated,
Thanks?
Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk