kawazaki vulcan 1500 overheating

Started by Rudy30, January 11, 2018, 05:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief

Here are some thoughts... not necessarily in order...

Is the fan operating within specs?

Did you verify flow through the radiator?

1. Low coolant - checked
2. Air in the system?
3. Clogged radiator - new
4. Clogged hose?
5. Clogged engine coolant passages?
6. Thermostat stuck closed?
7. Damaged/wrong radiator cap?
8. Damaged water pump - new.
9. Damaged fan motor switch?
10. Damaged fan motor?
11. Damaged coolant temperature sensor

Other stuff...
12. Spark plugs wrong heat range?
13. Oil level
14. Oil not circulating properly?
15. Valves leaking?
16. Heavy engine carbon deposits
17. Dragging brakes
18. Clutch slipping.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Rudy30

Hi thanks for the reply the radiator is new and I only use antifreez the 0.9 cap is that correct becuase the manual says it must be 0.93 will that make a diffrence
Regards
Rudy

indue

Is your radiator cap for a pressurized tank? If not, that might be part of the problem. But I would think that you probably need to take the radiator to a radiator shop and have them rod out the inside so all the passageways are clean. It could be that because it is not passing water below it is accumulating in the upper tank and when it is getting pressurized it is dumping the excess into the upper reservoir tank. Possibly just tap water was used and calcium deposits have plugged up the passageways (always use anti-freeze). If the water pump is good, the radiator cap renewed and thermostat good, then the only thing left is the radiator.

Rudy30

Hi Guys I am new to the forum and hope that someone can perhaps help with my problem I ride a 1500 Vulcan  but have a water  problem the waterpump is new and the thermostat is new as is the radiator cap(0.9) on the cap when i ride and have done about 25 miles it starts to empty the reservoir tank ? any suggestions
Regards
Rudy30

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk