Need help please, fuel pump dead........

Started by basilbug, March 04, 2018, 17:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JagLite

Often the picture isn't the exact unit, usually just a common picture and the text might say, "your part may look different" or something.
Check with the seller if all connections are exactly the same...

Attitude:
The difference between
Ordeal and ADVENTURE

basilbug

Quote from: RockinRollin on March 12, 2018, 07:17:41 AM

This is good to know just in case! ;)

Did you have to do any modifications? The terminals look totally different......

greenbarn

Almost worth getting one for a spare at that price...

No Worries

OR Seedman

they carry one for 2001-2005 drifters as well...different part number but same price....just look on the menu to find one...

OR Seedman

Bucko

RockinRollin

AZCaveman

I have used this pump on a few bikes, no issues at all.  even after 5 tears of hot hard AZ riding/

Bucko

https://www.highflowfuel.com/search-results/?q=fuel%20pump%20kawasaki%20drifter

I'm interested in hearing form folks that have successfully used one of these pumps - I'm thinking about getting one to keep on the shelf.

Old Drifter

The 1999 and 2000 1500 Drifters have in-tank fuel pumps too.

Gene

1999 Drifter

basilbug

Not sure but I believe that the 1999 and 2000 had external fuel pumps, mine is a 2001 with a internal fuel tank pump....that link says 1999-2000....

AZCaveman

basilbug

Thank you for the link. I have looked at previous topics with no real part number. The $600 price is for the whole unit, everything, minus the  GASKET part number 11060-1929 not just the fuel pump. The link that you sent, is it the exact same size? What about fuel filter?

Thanks again......

Old Drifter

If I recall, some members here have used fuel pumps costing a lot less than the $600 price. Try doing a search on the forum, I think they may have gotten them on ebay. Good luck.

Here's one on ebay at a fraction of the $600 price. There are also others to choose from. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Replacement-Fuel-Pump-Kit-w-Filter-2001-2005-Kawasaki-Vulcan-1500-Drifter/112433831798?epid=1023005718&hash=item1a2d941f76:g:WikAAOSwDkVaS79q&vxp=mtr

Gene

1999 Drifter

basilbug

I hate to say this but I have not ridden my 2001 1500 for over 3 years. But wanting to ride again. So i did all the usual stuff, fluid changes, filters..... Turn the key and no fuel pump noise. Now I have some rust in the tank and was going to clean with metal rescue later. I have looked for what the manual states by replacing the whole assembly but when I looked at the price of that, my heart almost stopped, $600.00 ish.....

If I just take the fuel assembly out and clean it, what filter and pump would you guys recommend using?? Part numbers??

Thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk