Grinding Between 1st and 2nd

Started by RockinRollin, May 20, 2020, 08:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

There is always going to be a difference between 1-2 and 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 because of the neutral gate. longer throw, since you are essentially moving a position and a half.. practice and careful clutch work. I have no problem with mine, or my W-650...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Tim

My 1500 has about 33,000 miles. There is a definite solid effort needed to get from first to second - if I don't really stomp on it I will get neutral. I think the 'neutral finder' puts more of a gap between the gears so over time it gets more pronounced. If I had to guess I would say it is 4 clicks all at once if that makes sense.
On another note I am having a ball riding again and this bike is the coolest thing imo! I'm still going to the garage to check it out.  :)

mittico68

Never had such an issue.
All I can say about is that actually I hear a clear "STACK" each time I engage the 1st gear, shifting from the neutral position. Anything else, whenever upshifting or downshifting.
Sorry.

I love my swingin' bike!

RockinRollin

Since I bought my bike it sometimes grinds ( or ticks) when up shifting from first to second before the dogs have a chance to engage into 2nd gear. It doesn't do this between other gears. I was thinking this is because the clutch is not fully disengaging the gears which would make it a clutch issue as opposed to a gear or transmission issue, any thoughts?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk