Normal vibration?

Started by moto, July 28, 2021, 00:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moto

Quote from: chief on July 31, 2021, 13:05:16 PM

Unless someone removed those parts they are already on the bike. Since the vibration hasn't changed in 4 years, I'd say what you are feeling is normal for that bike. I'd have a look at that old tire, though.

You right. Next summer I maybe change a front tire. Thanks!

Like Like x 1 View List

chief

Unless someone removed those parts they are already on the bike. Since the vibration hasn't changed in 4 years, I'd say what you are feeling is normal for that bike. I'd have a look at that old tire, though.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

moto

Quote from: chief on July 30, 2021, 15:45:29 PM

How long have you had the bike? Has the vibration changed over time? Did the change occur after you added/removed/repaired/maintained the bike? How old are your tires? Have you or someone else replaced the pipes with hardmounted pipes?

4 years. I think that vibration not change. Rear tire is a year old, front tire maybe 6 years. I replaced my pipes but with rubber mounted.

is it possible to reduce vibration with these rubber pads what is the picture marked green?

Informative Informative x 1 View List

chief

Quote from: moto on July 28, 2021, 00:51:46 AM

what kind of vibration is perfectly normal in Drifter?

My drifter vibrates a little that it feels in the mirrors and saddle as well as a little in the tank as well, is it normal?

How long have you had the bike? Has the vibration changed over time? Did the change occur after you added/removed/repaired/maintained the bike? How old are your tires? Have you or someone else replaced the pipes with hardmounted pipes?

All bikes, especially v-twins have some vibration. Vibration can be caused by numerous things. There is really no way we can tell if your bike's vibration is "normal" or not. Heavy vibration is not normal for the Drifter, but it does vibrate, especially at idle or when cold. IF it is a "little" felt vibration it is probably not a problem, but that is just a guess.

Cheers.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Bucko

Hard do determine what's 'normal' but yes they do vibrate. I find that mine vibrates right up until about 90~100 KM/hr (in 5th gear) at which point it smooths out considerably.

moto

what kind of vibration is perfectly normal in Drifter?

My drifter vibrates a little that it feels in the mirrors and saddle as well as a little in the tank as well, is it normal?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk