DISCUSSIONS > Drifter 1500 only

Weird one re: left signal light on startup

(1/3) > >>

Bucko:
I notice every-time I start my 99 up for the first time of the day, the left signal light is flashing.  For a long time I just assumed I was hitting the left signal switch inadvertently when shutting down but even when I'm sure I haven't hit it, the next morning when I start up - the left signal will be flashing.  Anyone else experience this?

Troll:
The owner's manual says to cancel the turn signals manually after a turn, even though the self canceling system is supposed to shut them off. Try that and see what happens.

Bucko:

--- Quote from: Troll on July 25, 2021, 05:26:25 AM ---The owner's manual says to cancel the turn signals manually after a turn, even though the self canceling system is supposed to shut them off. Try that and see what happens.

--- End quote ---

I do manually cancel almost religiously but will make an effort to ensure that I manually cancel before parking and will report.

tj:

--- Quote from: Bucko on July 25, 2021, 01:32:08 AM ---I notice every-time I start my 99 up for the first time of the day, the left signal light is flashing.  For a long time I just assumed I was hitting the left signal switch inadvertently when shutting down but even when I'm sure I haven't hit it, the next morning when I start up - the left signal will be flashing.  Anyone else experience this?

--- End quote ---

Yes! This used happened to me intermittently, but I could not figure out why.

Unrelated to the startup flashing issue (I'm not a fan of the self-canceling feature) I disconnected the light blue wire that runs from the speedo to the relay. Coincidentally (or maybe not) since then, I've had no flashing on startup.

Good luck finding the issue...looking forward to reading what you found. :)

mittico68:

--- Quote from: Bucko on July 25, 2021, 01:32:08 AM ---I notice every-time I start my 99 up for the first time of the day, the left signal light is flashing.  For a long time I just assumed I was hitting the left signal switch inadvertently when shutting down but even when I'm sure I haven't hit it, the next morning when I start up - the left signal will be flashing.  Anyone else experience this?

--- End quote ---
Could it be that before parking the bike for the night, the last turn you make is to the left (assuming that you always switch on the blinker)?
I'm asking that because I've noticed that the flashing light experience is strictly related to the fact that the bike has been shut down with the blinker still activated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version