1500 seat rail source?

Started by klake1, January 22, 2011, 23:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumper

Well thats in my neck of the woods and a nice ride from here.
I too want a seat rail, I want a black one, kinda low profile.
I would be willing to ride to him and let him take some measurements and meet the guy and stuff as soon as the weather turns and Im ready to ride, probably 6 to 8 weeks.
By then I will have more spending money for the bike to, 8)

Lump

klake1

Here is some additional info, George sent me:

Dear klake1,

Hello,
If you know a Vulcan Drifter 1500 owner who could come to me, I would be willing to take dimensions and get started on a jig appliance to produce Drifter 1500 solo seat rails. I am located in NJ 60 miles west of NYC. You can reach me at: (908)432-2641. Thanks,
George

High Plains Drifter

marshalldoll

I thought you bought one. If not I still have one for sale. Original equipment that will bolt right on.
If interested it is $325.00 plus $20.00 shipping in US
email me ay dwclocks@aol.com
Pictures in another listing on this forum.
Dan

jveley

Last one I tried to buy was on a bike that was for sale.   The guy told me it would be $5000 and came with a free bike.

chief

That's always the problem with new/reproduction drifter parts. I've dealt with this issue many times. Usually a lot of folks express interest but never come through to make the effort worthwhile.

Also, there has been some negative feedback on this particular vendor. I'd want some positive feedback before I'd purchase.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

klake1

I keep seeing on EBAY a seat rail for the 800 but none for the 1500, so I contacted the guy who makes them and asked about making seat rails for the 1500 and here is what he replied to me.

Dear klake1,

Hello,
At this point I have seat rails for the 800 only, but have received numerous requests for a 1500 rail. If you and your fellow interested 1500 riders would contact me at: geofitz@hotmail.com /// telephone: (908)432-2641 I will definately consider it. Problem is, there's a great deal of $ spent upfront for the design, jig appliance, etc- I would need enough orders to justify it. Thanks,
George

So it looks like if there is enough demand to make it worth his time to get set up to make them he will.  The ones he makes for the 800's sell for $199, much better than the occasional one here and there that show up for the 1500's on this site and EBAY for $325.

I for one would love to have one on my bike.

All of those who are interested, please contact George,let make this happen for all of us.

High Plains Drifter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk