How to attach the grip for the passenger

Started by Tector, October 23, 2020, 08:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OR Seedman

the saddlebag brackets are notched with another hole.  the grab rail goes on the outside of each bracket at that hole.  keep everything loose until you have the grab rail in place, then start tightening everything down....things have to be loose to get it mounted.  The bolts on the grab rail go from the inside (they have very flat heads so they don't scrap the fender) and the grab rail is threaded at the front holes.....

OR Seedman

Bucko

If the parts are all OEM (or Kawasaki Fire and Steel), the bag brackets will fit with either the solo seat or with the dual seat and passenger rail.  I haven't had my dual seat on in years so can't really help you but I know everything fits as I test fit them at some point.

Tector

I recently bought a 1999 Drifter 1500 in great shape.  As purchased, it has the two-up seat and the saddle bag brackets, but it did NOT have the grip on the back of the two-up seat for the passenger.  I happen to like the looks of that grip, so I bought one (Partzilla).  Now, I can't for the life of me figure out how it attaches to the bike.

Can someone give me some guidance here, preferably a diagram?

There is a diagram on Parzilla that shows the support bracket for the rear of the two-up seat, and it shows the grip.  But it doesn't show the brackets for the saddle bags.  And in the service manual it shows the support bracket and the grip, but not the brackets for the saddle bags.

It looks like it would be simple to put the grip on that support bracket for the rear seat.  But I can't figure out how to do that AND get the brackets for the saddle bags on the bike.  And I know that I had all that on the 1999 Drifter 1500 that I used to own a couple of years ago.  (But that bike CAME with all that hardware on it, I didn't have to figure out how to attach it all.)

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."  Mark Twain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk