Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky1971

Hmmm, an automatic drifter.

2001 DRIFTER 800, CORBIN SEAT, SLASHBACK EXHAUST

greenbarn

It's OK, I'm used to it :o

No Worries

CDNRatMan

8) I see a slap on the back of your head in the future..................

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Welcome to the funny farm Sparky, hope you enjoy the Drifter as much as we do, and the antics that go on here...

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 13, 2018, 20:49:47 PM

So do you have a manual?

Of course he has a manual...   they didn't make the Drifter with an automatic. LOL ;D :o 8)
No Worries

Sparky1971

Well looks like just mentioning was enough for the brights, that light came back on last night on the way home.  Now I have to see what's going on with the Neutral light.  Hopefully nothing more than a burnt out bulb.

CDNRatMan

Sparky just went and checked both bikes, and neutral will come on once you turn the ky. To get the hi beam light to come on you have to get the engine to turn over enough to turn on the head light.  Hope that helps.....

CDNRatMan

Ok now I am going to have to put the dash back on Red and check it out then use Pearls dash on Red and see if they work.....lol you have me thinking now.......

Sparky1971

I haven't dug into it yet, I think I remember the bright indicator coming on previously.  I was going to wait and get a new dash for it before I dig too deep but they keep sending me the part for the 1500.

CDNRatMan

Sorry never looked there......my bad....of course the 800 is the belle of the ball and the nicer machine. now the fight starts....lol....

So do you have a manual? I have to check on my Red and see if the hi beam indicator comes on....can not remember it coming on. Have you checked the bulbs themselves? Just asking. Then the neutral switch would be next.

Sparky1971

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 13, 2018, 19:14:20 PM

Sparky 800 or 1500? Helps so we know what to look for as each is a bit different.......

I have the 800, I put it in the signature, but I put the wrong year.

CDNRatMan

Sparky 800 or 1500? Helps so we know what to look for as each is a bit different.......

Ogri

Hi Sparky, all the best people ride 800s  ;)

Sparky1971

Hello to everyone on here.  I picked up a 2001 Drifter back in December, needing some electrical work so I got it for a great price.  So far I have most of the electrical worked out, just need the neutral and bright light indicators to come back on. :)  Can't wait to see what I can find on here to make the bike better and to keep it going for a long, long time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk