Additional taillights

Started by indue, March 03, 2018, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Those do look good and bright

No Worries

Pilgrim

If they dont see them..they are blind. Those are bright! Looks good..

Pete

Quote from: CDNRatMan on March 03, 2018, 15:38:44 PM

The more lights the better to see you with...lol......and prevent some dip running up on you.....

Damn right!
My additional rear/brake lights aren't as good as those, so you have inspired me to come up with an improvement on mine.
Ride safe, live long and prosper.

CDNRatMan

The more lights the better to see you with...lol......and prevent some dip running up on you.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

indue

I had done this to a couple of other bikes in the past and they really do light up quite well. Custom Dynamics sells them and they have a lifetime warranty. The only problem with them is that they are originally made so that a 4-40 stud just is force threaded into the surround ring and only about 1-2mm is "threaded" in. That had me worried that vibration might make them walk out and I would lose the ring and the red cover for the light although the LED's are red. So, I drilled them through with a 1/16" drill bit and used panhead 4-40's with acorn nuts (blue Loctite). Some of you guys that live out in the country with lightly traveled roads might not need them but in a mess like SoCal they raise the level of view for a driver behind to see that you are stopping as the original taillight in my estimation is lacking. I also put them over the vintage white reflectors that I already had on the bike. I also installed hand deflectors to improve air flow and warm the hands. #1 running, #2 brake, #3 closeup/installation. Hope everyone is doing well!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk