New Owner, 800

Started by Tush, April 09, 2019, 11:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westfield21

Great bike! Have fun out there.

"When you're wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, people don't know who you are. So I just wander around and, yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Pilgrim

Pristine 99...love it. Welcome, you have come to right forum with all things "Drifter."

RockinRollin

kw-retrorider

Welcome to the forum - nice looking machine.....you definitely will find the forum helpful. Looks like you got a nice straight bike.

hmmm....red, 1999 800 from Canada.....looks just like someone's we all knew and loved.  Nice to have another one back  in the group.

What goes around, comes around....the Ratman is still watching us....and that's a good thing.

greenbarn

I do love a 2-tone drifter.....   what colors are you looking at?

No Worries

Tush

Yes, this is a Canadian Bike so It makes sense that it was available in 99.

I do like the current stock colour, but I am going to make this bike my own and will do the two tone thing....I like the look a little better than the single tone.

Cheers
Tush

1999 Drifter 800
2002 BMW R1150RT

Bucko

Love that colour!  I could be wrong but I don't think the 99 800's (i.e. your red one) were sold in the US, and the 2000 (and later) models had different colours.  But all 99 and 2000's were 'black' (except for tanks and fenders).  Later models featured a lot of chrome instead of the black bits.

mittico68

Quote from: Tush on April 11, 2019, 21:53:24 PM

I was reading a thread earlier today regarding the production numbers and found it quite interesting.  It sounds like my 99 with all black might be fairly rare? ( not that it matters  8) )

Sure it is! The black version was produced in 1999 and 2000 only...

I love my swingin' bike!

Tush

Thank You.

I was reading a thread earlier today regarding the production numbers and found it quite interesting.  It sounds like my 99 with all black might be fairly rare? ( not that it matters  8) )

Cheers,
Tush

1999 Drifter 800
2002 BMW R1150RT

greenbarn

Great bike,  Welcome to the forum!!

No Worries

chief

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

mittico68

Wow, like new!
And that's (quite) the same as mine.
Now, it's time for some add-on...

I love my swingin' bike!

Tush

1999 Drifter 800
2002 BMW R1150RT

mittico68

Sure it's a great catch!
You'll be amazed by its smooth riding and style...  8)
Welcome aboard and, most of all, don't forget to post some pics of your beauty.  ::)

I love my swingin' bike!

Tush

I am excited to be the new owner of a low mileage, 99 drifter 800.  I take possession of it this weekend so I'm excited to get it home to my garage.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for the group at a later date.

Cheers,
Tush

1999 Drifter 800
2002 BMW R1150RT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk