Drifter with a sidecar

Started by superfragl, May 06, 2013, 13:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfragl

mittico68, I am going to be attaching the sidecar by myself. I will have to manufacture the mounts (I`ve done that before with success).
I do have the pictures of the mounts for Drifter 1500 - those were made by one of the sidecar companies. PM me if you need them.

CDNRatMan

When stationed in Germany I had a 750 Guzzi with a sidecar, and trust me it can really screw you up at first, so lots of practice and learn to turn.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

http://www.sidecar.com/

Riding with a hack is like nothing else you have ever done before.....learn all you can BEFORE you put one on you motorcycle

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

mumbles

From what i've read in the past the Drifter 800's stock rear suspension is too soft. If you can stiffen it then it should make a great tug.
Read as much as you can about sidehacks before you take a dive.
Some can get pretty pricey and finding someone with the right knowledge to mount one correctly can be difficult to find. Of course you can always give it a shot and DIY.

Riding a sidecar rig is a whole new world.
Just my .02

mittico68

Hi superfragl!
I'm thinkin' about doin' the same thing to my baby (a 1999 kawa 800 drifter), but i really don't know where to start from! :-\
Did you make it? I'd like to see how your bike looks like now... 8)
Thanx gator!

I love my swingin' bike!

superfragl

This is second time I see a two-tone black-grey Drifter with a sidecar here in Chicopee MA. And second time it disappears behind the corner while I am sitting at a red light...
Pretty soon there will be two Drifters with sidecars here because I am putting a Johnny Sweet sidecar on mine )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk