What is your job?

Started by chief, May 10, 2010, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMJ77

Hi, I'm working as an air traffic controller (ADI-APS-RAD).

Jani

Like Like x 1 View List

Biker62

Quote from: Pete on October 19, 2022, 04:06:10 AM

We are in the UK, but we saw these buses when we were visiting Norway. Very impressive, you are right to be proud of them.
Norway has a great reputation for encouraging the use of EVs, unlike the UK.

Ty, 😎🤟

Pete

Quote from: Biker62 on October 01, 2022, 04:04:12 AM

I'm a workshop manager in Oslo , Norway,
We maintance and repair elektro citybuses.

We are in the UK, but we saw these buses when we were visiting Norway. Very impressive, you are right to be proud of them.
Norway has a great reputation for encouraging the use of EVs, unlike the UK.

Ride safe, live long and prosper.

Biker62

chief

Quote from: Biker62 on October 01, 2022, 04:04:12 AM

Is this thread a life??
It's since 2019 a kind of a pilot project from the Oslo community! We began with 40 buses then and this year we delivered the last bus in summary altogether 142 electric buses with VDL Brand. Im responsible for 2 technicians and 40 buses. I love my job and the company I'm working for.

Yes it is one of our permanent posts to let members talk about their "day job".

Cheers. 

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Biker62

Is this thread a life??
It's since 2019 a kind of a pilot project from the Oslo community! We began with 40 buses then and this year we delivered the last bus in summary altogether 142 electric buses with VDL Brand. Im responsible for 2 technicians and 40 buses. I love my job and the company I'm working for.

Fun Sensei

I work as an OTR trucker. I run 500 miles a day. 250 out and 250 back. Five days a week.I haul 42,800 lbs of machine parts for commercial air conditioners each day.I love my job and my company treats me well.

bfbowen

Easy Drifter

I've been slinging car parts at new car dealers since 1970. Worked my way up from a driver, to stockman, to counter sales, to assistant manager, and became a manager in 1984 to this day. It's easier to tell you what car lines I haven't sold parts for than all the car lines I have. Many have come and gone, but I'm still here. It's been a great provider for my family and I. I'm grateful for the day my first manager pulled me out of the detail shop and into the driver/ warehouse position. He taught me just about everything I know, and got me my first manager's gig. That man has probably forgotten more about running a parts business than most of us will ever know. I attribute my success to him.

'02 DRIFTER 800
'23 BOLT R-SPEC
'24 SUPER METEOR 650

rob f

Congrats OR on your new venture.  Would like to check out your set up one of these summers. Have had ties to the miracle plant since age 16 and never thought i'd live to see the day of emancipation.

And what does this have to do with Drifter bikes, the rest of you ask?
It shows that the oddity of this machine draws from not just one stereo type of rider. There is something about the Drifter that catches the minds of special people. I can tell by this  " What's your job" post that my theory is correct.
R

OR Seedman

regarding the cbd extraction question....genetically speaking, "hemp" and marijuana are identical plants...but hemp has been selected for naturally occurring low THC levels (.3% or lower) and high CBD levels.  Marijuana is the exact opposite...high THC and low CBD.  The CBD oil is extracted using several methods, the safest and most economical is using chilled ethanol. This produces a crude oil with includes chlorophyll and other components.  This crude is then refined to get isolate or crystalline 99.9% pure CBD.  We are going to be producing crude....and selling it for further refinement.  The market is really beginning to grow....so we are establishing a full range company from farm to wholesale.....everything we are doing is via food grade equipment and full industrial safety standards....we are trying to stay ahead of any new rules coming out from the FDA and USDA.....

OR Seedman

greenbarn

Quote from: OR Seedman on August 24, 2019, 08:05:58 AM

as a few of you know, I have my own Turf Grass Research and Marketing company.  I have been breeding for almost 30 years and have sold my patented varieties all over the world.  Well...starting this fall, I am now 50% owner of a large (18,000 sq ft) CBD hemp processing facility.  We are doing commercial drying and ethanol extraction of CBD crude oil.  I have also started up a full breeding program to develop certified cultivars of high CBD hemp.  I will be shutting down my turf program by the end of the year...so maybe I should change my user name to OR Hempman instead....LOL   Oh, and I am starting this new venture at the age of 57.....never too old to start something new

OR Grassman...... OR Weedman.....  LOL.  Congrads on the new venture.     In all seriousness, do you have a good online resource for information and education?  I've been wanting my wife to try the CBD oil, but she hesitates....
No Worries

RockinRollin

One type of grass for the other!
I have used CBD oil from time to time for insomnia, great stuff and best of all you don't get high on it.
Just curious, the CBD is extracted from regular marijuana or is it from a special plant and a special distillation process?

Old Drifter

Congrats on the new business! You probably can still use OR Seedman... hemp starts from seeds too. Good luck in your new venture!

Gene

1999 Drifter

OR Seedman

as a few of you know, I have my own Turf Grass Research and Marketing company.  I have been breeding for almost 30 years and have sold my patented varieties all over the world.  Well...starting this fall, I am now 50% owner of a large (18,000 sq ft) CBD hemp processing facility.  We are doing commercial drying and ethanol extraction of CBD crude oil.  I have also started up a full breeding program to develop certified cultivars of high CBD hemp.  I will be shutting down my turf program by the end of the year...so maybe I should change my user name to OR Hempman instead....LOL   Oh, and I am starting this new venture at the age of 57.....never too old to start something new

OR Seedman

greenbarn

THanks  for sharing your story, Rob...  very interesting.  I don't know too many people who retire at 55 then go into new jobs in the labor field, I really admire you for that.    Your story reminds me a lot of a buddy I have in that big province to the West of you, LOL...   He's a work-a-holic too, LOL :o ;D

Yes, Chief does a  great job running the forum-  I'm continuously thankful for it.

No Worries

rob f

I see that the last posting on this topic was over a year ago so thought I might get things rolling again.
I just buzzed through the entire post this morning and found it to be quite interesting. I joined up a year ago because i had just bought an 800 and need to know some tech stuff. I have just been hanging around the "800 only" portion of this forum. One of my new topics was moved  by Chief to general discussions so thought that I would poke around in here.
Hats off to the site admins for running such a diverse forum.
So here is my story.... Started  working at 16 on our family farm in central Alberta Canada. After getting out of high school I ran heavy equipment for a year and then quit to apprentice as an Ag mechanic at a local John Deere dealership.  During  my stay there I moved my way through 3 different divisions 1- implements ( tilling, baling, combines) 2- farm tractors(40 to 250 hp) and finally the lawn and garden division.  I retired from that company after 33 years, at age 55. Thought that I would try my hand at a few other things before i got too old, so spent a little time at other jobs such as building construction laborer, refurbisher at a large truck (semis) shop, gas plant laborer, and RV park maintenance. Started to feel my age at about 62 so kinda pulled the pin on working at steady pace for others and basically retired back onto the farm. Now, I still run a few head of cattle and give free help to anyone that wants me. I also started a little side line business offering a farm and acreage sitting service for those folks heading down south for holidays during our winters.
Really miss working, but gotta go easy on the body so that I can still swing my leg over the Drifter.
Rob

Rougarou

I'm an environmental scientist, water quality.  Formerly one of those parts-certified managers Autozone is so proud of.

Q: What do you do when all your friends own Harleys?
A: You ride something classier than a Harley.

RockinRollin

Oh sure bring up the horses why don't cha? >:(

CDNRatMan

>:( what about groom to wife's horses....lol.......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

RockinRollin

Full time Grand Pa, a worthy calling, best job of all. :)

BlackBlueMagoo

Worked in the Plastic Manufacturing Field..IE..Injection/Thermoforming/Blowmolding/Sheet-Profile extrusion for 20 years..
got involved in the Semi-Conductor Processing Field..Chips/Cables/Boards..for another 20 years, and my last job was Building Fracking Equipment for oil service companys. Have Been Retired for the past 3 years..full time Grandpa!

westbullhead

I'm a turkey farmer.But by far, my favorite job is father to a wonderful daughter and husband to a loving wife.Much better than I deserve.

DC

Wow!  Sounds like a dream job.   8)

Mr. P

I work in plant maintenance.  I bid on my current job 6 mos. ago.  I work Friday thru Sunday 7am to 7pm.  36 hours a week and I get paid for 40.  Everybody is gone on the weekends so very little day to day, Monday through Friday drama.  Kind of like semi retirement!  More time to ride!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk