Roar To The Shore Motorcycle Rally - 20th Anniversary (NJ)

Started by DC, December 22, 2015, 00:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

8) are you the thong man?   I wear other clothing under my coat....lol......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

tj

Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 13, 2016, 12:17:53 PM

.....but I really like my tench coat, just need to war it more often.

oh my.

soon you will be right there with thong man...

CDNRatMan

DC, that site is really good. I have 2 suits from there and i have worn them to functions and no one ever noticed it was a suit from another era, or if they did no one said a word...lol......but I really like my tench coat, just need to war it more often.

DC

Quote from: mittico68 on September 13, 2016, 01:13:16 AM

DC, your bike really pops up and that travel trunk even more! ;)
BTW, I'm gonna attend the local Gentlemen's Ride, here in Italy... Now, I wonder what kind of clothes would compliment our Drifters...

There are a lot of different directions to go with clothes.  Just be imaginative and different.

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 12, 2016, 22:55:18 PM

DC;
Check out this site.....
http://www.gentlemansemporium.com

I bought my WWI era trench coat from here and it was really worth the funds.....

I love that site.  So much cool stuff!!!!

This is what my Scully looks like.  I have the matching cloth vest to go with it too.  However, I will not be wearing the glue-on mustache.

mittico68

DC, your bike really pops up and that travel trunk even more! ;)
BTW, I'm gonna attend the local Gentlemen's Ride, here in Italy... Now, I wonder what kind of clothes would compliment our Drifters...

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

DC;
Check out this site.....
http://www.gentlemansemporium.com

I bought my WWI era trench coat from here and it was really worth the funds.....

greenbarn

No Worries

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 12, 2016, 19:50:10 PM

8) now that last picture is one awesome bike, but good lord the size of that travel trunk, you have enough room in there for a years worth of clothing, or at least a dinner for 6 people........wow.......but it must be ridden by a young lad to manhandle it around with all that weight.......but a nice bike never the less really nice looking......attention to detail on it nice rims and paint job.......

The pics from the upcoming Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride should be interesting with me in full dress complimenting the bike. . . . as long as it doesn't rain.  Hopefully, I can wear the matching Scully jacket.

CDNRatMan

8) now that last picture is one awesome bike, but good lord the size of that travel trunk, you have enough room in there for a years worth of clothing, or at least a dinner for 6 people........wow.......but it must be ridden by a young lad to manhandle it around with all that weight.......but a nice bike never the less really nice looking......attention to detail on it nice rims and paint job.......

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on September 12, 2016, 17:50:19 PM

8)  Well first off you should never ride in a blind spot for any length of time. Rig Drivers can not hear your loud pipes unless you are right in front of him, and his windows are open and he is not listening to the radio. Just to bad it happened and it was preventable for sure.

As for the pictures, with my good computer I now have a copy of your finger print......lol...... but I like the pics very nice....

The loud pipes mean nothing to a trucker.  Ever ride in a tractor cab?  So make sure he can see you in his mirrors.

Yes, and the NSA also has that on file too now.

Last but not least with the pics. . . . .

CDNRatMan

8)  Well first off you should never ride in a blind spot for any length of time. Rig Drivers can not hear your loud pipes unless you are right in front of him, and his windows are open and he is not listening to the radio. Just to bad it happened and it was preventable for sure.

As for the pictures, with my good computer I now have a copy of your finger print......lol...... but I like the pics very nice....

DC

Okay.  Well, a bunch of us went yesterday, the last day of the event.  Here are a couple of choice pics.

After we left the event, we went to a large convenience store/gas up joint about a third of the way home.  When we pulled in, it looked like a disaster scene.  Ambulances, fire trucks, cop cars, and a tractor trailer looking very out of place.  Apparently what happened was that the TT didn't see the biker along side of him, turned into the biker knocking him down and dragging him under the truck, running over his leg with the trailer.  The ambulance had already taken him to hospital by the time we got there.  ConditIon was unknown at that point.  His wife was obviously upset, but stayed on site to help with the accident investigation, as she was a witness.  She seemed to think he would recover from his injuries.

The bike also got partially munched.  The drive belt cog(?) was dislocated from the wheel and of course the belt then fell off.  The right turn sig was sheered off while the left only lost the lens/cover.  The pipes received a thorough scraping, as did a number of other parts.  We're all hoping he is doing okay.  The truck driver was very visibly upset.  I cannot say to a certainty who's fault this was, since I did not witness it and only heard the stories third hand.  The moral of the story is MAKE SURE THAT TRUCKS CAN SEE YOU.  DON'T RELY ON BEING HEARD BY THEM!

DC

Thursday, September 8, 2016  -  Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Roar to the Shore is one of the hottest, largest, most exciting motorcycle rallies in the Northeast.

100s of Vendors, Music, Food, Beer Tent, Guided Rides, Boardwalk Ride & Motorcycle Giveaway, Demo Rides, Walking Poker Run ($1000 Cash Prize), Biker Babe Contest and a Whole Lot More!

Check the event website (below) for a complete schedule of events.

If you've never experienced the thrill of Roar to the Shore, it's time to take the ride to biker friendly Wildwood, NJ. In addition to all of the biker events going on at Roar to the Shore, Wildwood offers plenty of other activities including... amusement rides, water parks, games of chance, shopping and food galore.

www.roartotheshoreonline.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk