Interesting Roadside Fixes

Started by gdrudd13, July 29, 2020, 12:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdrudd13

Chain sounds a bit more involved than disassembling my tail light. Glad I didn't have to do that.

2000 Drifter 800

mittico68

Me too, I had to reistall the chain. No tools needed but my own hands.
But fortunately it was in the daylight of a sunny day...

I love my swingin' bike!

Old Drifter

Quote from: Troll on July 29, 2020, 12:49:46 PM

...and find and reinstall the chain in the dark in Valdosta Ga, on the interstate....not the best rip I ever took

I'll bet that was interesting.  :o
Gene

1999 Drifter

Troll

Had to replace a coil on one of my (no longer own any) H-Ds...on a Sunday, in Indiana...and find and reinstall the chain in the dark in Valdosta Ga, on the interstate....not the best rip I ever took

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

gdrudd13

So, was on a ride with my nephew last weekend and had to make some interesting roadside repairs. Apparently somewhere in about an 80 mile stretch, both my taillight quit working and my right rear turn signal broke. My nephew got behind me right before we got off the highway and pointed them out when we stopped for gas. This led to breaking out the tools and getting the taillight working again, thankfully I carry some basic electrical repair tools on the bike. The turn signal unfortunately was beyond repair as it ripped out one of the wires as it was dangling, and I couldn't quite hack it back together under a gas station awning (new ones are ordered). So, what are some interesting roadside repairs you've done with the tools you carry on your motorcycle?

2000 Drifter 800

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk