Very Sad News

Started by greenbarn, May 23, 2018, 19:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2beers

Sympathy to friends and family...RIP Ratman.  I think of you each time I see the tank badges you helped me find for Blue.

We've always been car crazy.  We've always been bike crazy.  Most people agree we're just plain crazy.

The Bride

RIP Andy!  What a sudden loss.  Sympathy and prayers to his loved ones.  I'll miss his comments and helpful advice, I know I send thankful thoughts his way each time I refer to the 800 manual he shared.  So glad to was able to take that long ride last year. 

greenbarn

Quote from: RockinRollin on May 24, 2018, 08:44:59 AM

Andy was a friend to just about everyone and one of the most popular members of our Drifter community.
He was planning to visit me this summer. He just got his new bike finished. I wonder if he had a chance to ride it?
Rest in peace Andy.

Sadly, I think he just got the last bolt on Raven, and was planning to get it outside Wed or Thurs.  He has had Red out for a couple weeks, since about May 12th, I think maybe he took a ride or two, but Raven has not had the champagne bottle broken on her yet.  I know for a fact, though, he had a damn fine time building her, and I think he had a much better winter because of it.  I am thankful for that.   

No Worries

Jobi

Terribly sad news. May his soul find peace and rest.

jmbo

R.I.P Ratman.  You will be missed.

Jimb

RockinRollin

Andy was a friend to just about everyone and one of the most popular members of our Drifter community.
He was planning to visit me this summer. He just got his new bike finished. I wonder if he had a chance to ride it?
Rest in peace Andy.

Troll

This news is quite a shock. I don't know what to say. RIP Andy

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

cja

Wow, I a man speechless just had visited him last week, minus the normal aches and pains seem to be fine, never know when your times up. Rip Andy my friend

mittico68

:'( I just can't believe it...  :'(
Though I never had the chance to meet him in person, I've had the honor to share with him some rider knowledge and experiences over this Forum.
He was such a kind person and I will miss him. We all miss him a lot!
May God reserve him a good path in joy, for the eternity.

I love my swingin' bike!

kfoster

Thank you for posting this information here and on the facebook page. When I was regularly reading and posting here, I really enjoyed Ratman's posts. I will say prayers for him and his family.

Old Drifter

Wow, so sorry to hear this. He was one of a kind for sure. May he rest in peace.

Gene

1999 Drifter

DC

Horrible news!  He was a great bro and all around fun guy.  So sad on this day to hear this.   :(

I will miss his banter and all the posting he did over the years.  He always had great stories.  He had those great pics of his bike sitting in his house over the winter. Seems he was doing mods all winter long. He never ran out of ideas for ways to trick his bike out.

We will also never forget those snow angel pics which can never be unseen.   :o   ;D  No doubt Ratman left an impression on many of us.  He was an original article.  There was no pretense about him.  He was as real a person as it gets.  He will be sorely missed.

badboy194

Prayers to all his family and friends.

greenbarn

It is with great great sadness that I write this news, that our good friend CDNRatman, my very very good buddy Andy Ratkai, fondly known by many in the Drifter community as Ratman, has passed away. His neighbor found my number and called us this evening with the awful news that they had fount him today. They think he passed his sleep. He will be sadly missed by his friends and his Drifter family, and the community will have a void left in his absence. Personally, I will never forget his friendship, he will leave a hole in many lives.

No Worries

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk