Clothing style and the drifter

Started by Jobi, May 16, 2018, 15:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdrudd13

I tend to prioritize a combination of comfort/protection over style as I'd much rather be comfortable/safe as opposed to looking cool and being miserable. I like the "mesh" motorcycle jackets though. They make several that are pretty low key and don't look too sport bike-y in black or black/gray, and they're nice to wear in the summer. When you're moving you get plenty of airflow, but they still take the brunt of the impact from rocks and bugs. I prefer the lighter textile gloves with a padded palm as well for basically the same reasons. As an added bonus that gear keeps you out of the sun. Little bit of a bigger deal for me since I look at a picture of the sun and get sunburnt.

For helmets, this is the main one I use for summer riding
https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/street-steel-oakland-helmet

I like the drop down tinted visor because I can flip it up/down as needed depending on the sun as opposed to taking sunglasses on and off. It's also not super bulky, looks good with a fairly low profile, pretty light weight, and DOT approved.

2000 Drifter 800

Washbrook

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

Pilgrim

Indian makes some nice helmets but they have "Indian" logo on them.

mittico68

It's 2 years now, since I rode at the DGR here in my town and nobody never told me anything was wrong with the Drifter's style...
And I've seen any kind of bike at each event: cruisers, cafe racers, superbike, motards etc. etc.

I love my swingin' bike!

DC

Quote from: Jobi on May 24, 2018, 13:15:21 PM

The drifter fits their bike requirements?

And yes, a very nice setup ;)

Yes, they're no longer picky that it has to be a classic 60s bike, or a Triumph, or what have you.

Jobi

Quote from: DC on May 23, 2018, 22:13:26 PM

Here's a stylish chap.  Ready for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride in support of prostate cancer awareness.

The drifter fits their bike requirements?

And yes, a very nice setup ;)

Old Drifter

Quote from: DC on May 23, 2018, 22:13:26 PM

Here's a stylish chap.  Ready for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride in support of prostate cancer awareness.

Now I wonder who that would be... 8)
Gene

1999 Drifter

DC

greenbarn

I do like the Bullet helmet.  I think they would look good on a Drifter.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

On the drifter I think a polo style beanie helmet is really cool.....but helmets are a very personal issue.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Jobi

But still a unique way to be dressed up for a ride.

I'm personally really swaying towards Bell's helmets, specifically the Custom 500 or Bullitt collections. Man, that retro stuff is really starting to grow on me.

And some nice brown leather gloves....I'm gonna need a cafe racer soon :D

CDNRatMan

:o I Had a buddy take my clubs to the course and I rode my bike dressed like that but with my sneakers on...lol....really hard to ride with golf spikes. Best part was seemed like no one paid any extra attention to me dressed like that on the Drifter......lol......

Old Drifter

The chap in the pic looks like he's ready to go golfing.

Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

Check out Historical Emporium =

https://www.historicalemporium.com

nice place to buy clothing......

Jobi

Anybody purposefully dress 'fashionably' in order to complement their drifter? All my gear is starting to get a little old (and that's the excuse I'm sticking with...along with stuff not properly fitting anymore), and I've been slowly searching for replacements. Thinking of the whole shebang: helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots, and any other things.

And I'd like to work up an 'outfit'/'style' that will be not only safe, but pleasing to the eye. What are you guys (dare I say gentlemen) donning?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk