Air intake

Started by Petersoned96@gmail.com, September 02, 2023, 14:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Indian

Soften it up with a heat gun, out in 5 minutes! 

OR Seedman

the one with the single air intake on the right side is modified.  The factory air intake is actually on the left side with a crossover tube that runs under the throttle body.  the oem right side is a "fake" that is used to funnel the air into the throttle body from the crossover tube and houses the smog control sensors and stuff.  You can still get the air cleaner kits from Barons Customs and other places to remove the oem setup and go to a single air cleaner setup on the right side.  they do require you to remove the crossover tube....if you want to leave it in one piece you have to remove the throttle body, or you can cut it in half and pull out both pieces without removing the throttle body.  At least that's what I had to do to fit mine on.....could not for the life of me get the tube out without removing the throttle body...anyone else able to do so?

Like Like x 1 View List
OR Seedman

Petersoned96@gmail.com

I have two 99' Drifters. One has one air intake on the right side and the other has dual air intakes. Is one modified or do they come that way from the factory.  Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk