Support through Subscriptions

Started by chief, April 25, 2023, 11:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwilki

Quote from: chief on April 30, 2023, 13:58:55 PM

I had a similar problem last year and it ended up being a problem with the bank's system. You may want to try the card elsewhere just to ensure your card is working. I can't think of an easy solution, but will keep looking.

Cheers.

Sorry, Chief. The card works fine. I've done 3 other online transactions successfully. None of them were US transactions, though. I have no plans right not to purchase anything from a US vendor, but when I do, I I'll use it and get back to you.

Agree Agree x 1 View List

chief

Quote from: gwilki on April 30, 2023, 08:31:29 AM

No joy, Chief.

Since yesterday, I have tried paying both through Paypal, using my credit card and by using my credit card directly. In Firefox, I get all the info in, then get a "temporary problem" screen. I've seen that before, though. It's not temporary.

So, I tried just now using Microsoft Edge browser. I get all the way through, entering all my credit card info in and this time I get a message saying that my card issuer has declined the transaction. That makes no sense, as I use the same card for all my online purchases - Canadian and otherwise.

I had a similar problem last year and it ended up being a problem with the bank's system. You may want to try the card elsewhere just to ensure your card is working. I can't think of an easy solution, but will keep looking.

Cheers. 

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

gwilki

No joy, Chief.

Since yesterday, I have tried paying both through Paypal, using my credit card and by using my credit card directly. In Firefox, I get all the info in, then get a "temporary problem" screen. I've seen that before, though. It's not temporary.

So, I tried just now using Microsoft Edge browser. I get all the way through, entering all my credit card info in and this time I get a message saying that my card issuer has declined the transaction. That makes no sense, as I use the same card for all my online purchases - Canadian and otherwise.

chief

Quote from: gwilki on April 28, 2023, 18:51:53 PM

Chief

I tried to pay for a year's subscription, but Paypal says that you will only take payments from people with a US billing address. I don't have one. I don't have a Paypal account, either. Any other options?

Grant

Something may have changed at PP. Haven't had that problem with sales of items and subscriptions to Canada in the past. I do appreciate your effort.

Please try the DONATION LINK here and see if that works for you. If it does, I will see it and make the appropriate changes at this end.

Cheers.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

gwilki

Chief

I tried to pay for a year's subscription, but Paypal says that you will only take payments from people with a US billing address. I don't have one. I don't have a Paypal account, either. Any other options?

Grant

chief

You can support the forum by subscribing to one of our support levels.

Subscriptions:

• Supporting Member - $10/yr
  • Wingman - $25/yr
  • Master-At-Arms - $50/yr
  • Life Member - $250
  • Founder - $500
Registered Members:

Add a paid subscription to you account by doing the following:

• Go to your Profile. You can reach your profile by clicking on your name/pic from any of your messages, or wherever your username appears.
  • On your profile hover over ACTIONS and select PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS from the list that comes up.
Unregistered Guests: You will need to register to subscribe. Registration is free. You do not need to register to DONATE.

If you have any questions about subscriptions please PM me or leave a comment here.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk