Author Topic: Vn1500 drifter tank noise  (Read 160 times)

Highc5555

• Prospect
    • Grovertown
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • State/Province/Region: IN
Vn1500 drifter tank noise
« on: September 22, 2021, 10:35:43 AM »
I am experiencing a very high-pitched chatter coming from but instrumentation escutcheon. if I put my hand on it while going down the road, the chatter will stop. Does anybody know how to tighten this thing up or any other solutions?

chief

• Administrator
  • Staff
  • 2002 Drifter 1500
    • Franklin
    • Vulcan Drifter Riders
  • Plus a: ----------
  • VDR#: 1
  • State/Province/Region: TN
Re: Vn1500 drifter tank noise
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 15:48:04 PM »
I am experiencing a very high-pitched chatter coming from but instrumentation escutcheon. if I put my hand on it while going down the road, the chatter will stop. Does anybody know how to tighten this thing up or any other solutions?
If you will go to kawasaki.com and look at the parts diagram, you will see how it is connected. You might want to take it apart and clean and inspect it. That may resolve the issue. 99/00's have a speedo cable, so you may want to have a look at that as the source of the noise.
Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

drifter-paul

• Plus a: ----------
Re: Vn1500 drifter tank noise
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 00:38:52 AM »
Have you had the speedo console off recently ? At the front there is a L bracket on the console inner side, that goes into an oval rubber slot on the frame. Use a bit of grease/spit to lube the insertion slot - it is easy to push it off . Only the lowest of the 3 hex nuts on the triangular idiot lights, plate needs to be removed . Then you push forward on the whole console.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.