Seat Removal Help

Started by wookiebear, September 02, 2021, 19:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wookiebear

Thank you

I think the bit I was missing was the single in back on the horseshoe.  Found the side ones and sorta knew about the one in front that holds down the saddle, but did not know about the one in the back

Will try it in the morning and, hopefully, this part of the project will actually move forward which will be a welcome change :)

Troll

WAy in the back is a stud and nut that attaches to the horseshoe support for the rear section. On either side, just forward of the rear shocks, there is a 6mm bolt through a bracket. The front is held down using a stud and washer that's attached to the frame. After the bolts are out, you mush push the seat forward from the rear and up over the tank. The orange arrow points to the stud/washer in the frame the seat hooks over

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

wookiebear

Just got a low mileage 2000 Drifter 1500 and am having an issue with removing the Corbin 2 Up seat.

I need to work on the electricals and battery as well as work on the seat (am tall and may need to do some modifications so the bike fits me better)

All that said I can't figure out how to remove the saddle.  I know it is probably easy after you know how but as I don't know how it is not intuitive, at least for me

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for all your help

mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk