Tires

Started by rob f, August 10, 2021, 08:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucko

Quote from: Troll on August 11, 2021, 07:19:34 AM

So far, I've had good performance out of the Shinko 777s. 10,000 + for the rear, and it looks like I might get 20,000 out of the front.

I have the 777's on my Voyager and no complaints there either but I only have a few thousand k's on them at this point.

rob f

I've had the 777's on another bike in the past and seemed to be fine but for some reason this tourmaster ground down way to early.
Maybe just got a bad one. Guess it happens.

Troll

So far, I've had good performance out of the Shinko 777s. 10,000 + for the rear, and it looks like I might get 20,000 out of the front.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Bucko

I have Tour Masters on my 1100F Honda and really like how they perform.  Uncertain of the mileage on them though as I doubt I've got to the 6k mark since I put them on several seasons ago.

rob f

Just an opinion on tires: Stay away from Shinko 230 Tourmasters.
I just replaced my rear one after only 6000Kms ( 3700 miles). I carry no passengers and only weight 170 myself. At 800 cc's there is no way this tire should have worn out this fast. I was noticing a hop on the back end and the tread was way down so pulled it off and found that on one side the center groove was down to the wear bar whislt at 180 degrees opposite it had 3/32nd's. Looks like when Shinko carved in the center groove they screwed up.
i ended up installing a Kenda Kruze K673. Good price and the most tread depth (11/32nds) that i have ever seen on a street tire. Will keep VDR informed on tread life as years go by.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk