VN800 Rear Crashbars.

Started by Pete, May 24, 2021, 05:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morales4him

I want some too, where can I find those rear crash bars?? and front too??

chief

Quote from: tj on July 11, 2021, 07:49:16 AM

What happened? Was there for a while...but now gone.

Updates screwed it up. Back again.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

tj

Quote from: chief on May 27, 2021, 15:49:16 PM

So, I added some symbols so people can respond without actually writing anything?  For some reason that sorta appeals to me!

What happened? Was there for a while...but now gone.

chief

So, I added some symbols so people can respond without actually writing anything?  For some reason that sorta appeals to me!

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

tj

Apparently you can't leave a thumbs up...without writing something.

So thumbs up, looks good!

mittico68

Not my cup of tea, but well done anyway!

I love my swingin' bike!

Pete

I used Triumph Bonneville America rear crashbars that somebody was selling as NOS.

The right hand bar sits leaning forward a smigeon to match the lean of the front crashbars. The mounting bars that come with the kit are used, plus a simple cylindrical spacer at the saddle mounting.

The left hand bar top mount is the same as the right-hand bar, with a similar cylindrical spacer. There is nowhere convenient to attach the bottom of the crashbar. I got round this by modifying an after-market handlebar mirror mount. A bolt replaces the pillion foot-rest pivot pin, and that bolt screws in where the mirror would have gone. It is a neat arrangement and it is also mostly hidden by the panniers.

I prefer the square look of the crashbars to the "U" shaped ones that I've seen - more in harmony with the bars at the front.

Ride safe, live long and prosper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk