front fender

Started by ecader10, July 13, 2020, 19:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Drifter

Quote from: ecader10 on August 07, 2020, 09:35:04 AM

will a 1500 front fender fit an 800?

Yes, the 1500 and 800 Drifters I am told,  share the same front end.
Gene

1999 Drifter

Troll

They are supposed to be the same, but the PNs will differ due to paint scheme...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Bucko

Quote from: ecader10 on August 07, 2020, 09:35:04 AM

Not sure.  One way to check would be to compare the part numbers but then the colours are different so the part number are not going to match.

ecader10

Old Drifter

Great job! Looks great as far as fitment, however it does make the Drifter rather odd looking. Hopefully you can locate a Drifter front fender at a decent price.

Gene

1999 Drifter

ecader10

So i was able to mount a classic front fender to my drifter. I had to widen the mounting holes on the fender by 1/8th in both ways to match the forks. Then i put a spacer between the fender and the fork using a bolt with a locking nut to hold them in place. Worked like it was made for it.

ecader10

I think i am going to try and see if i can make the classic mount on there. If i get it to work i will be sure to show you what i did.

Troll

fender mountings are totally different. Classic fender mounts from the inside out, the Drifter, outside-in..and there is a third mounting hole on the lower fork leg. Classic fender has a better chance, but you will have to figure out how to secure the bolts with nuts on the inside

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

ecader10

What about a 2003 800 Classic fender on a 2006 800 Drifter?

Troll

Mean streak has an inverted fork, so the short answer is no

ecader10

So i bought my bike missing a front fender. i have tried buying a new one but with the covid stuff going on i havent gotten my hands on one. Can i make a meanstreak front fender fit until i can get on to fit my 800?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk