Finally I've caught the Unicorn (more or less...)

Started by mittico68, January 06, 2018, 03:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

No Worries

Old Drifter

Gene

1999 Drifter

mittico68

Update.
While surfin' on the net, I came across this nice front fender tip (look at pics).
That's another unicorn, isn't it?  :)
Now, some nice reshaping and it'll be ready for ma-deuce!

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

On the seat it will be interesting on how you accomplish it. As for my mind it is hard to remember who has what and who wants parts for their bikes.but from experience I know that the passengers who ride behind you really like the boards over the pegs.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

mittico68

Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 02, 2018, 16:59:46 PM

Marco which seat are you going to run with that?

Oh well, that's one of my winter projects...: I'm gonna put a passenger single seat on, using an old tractor seat that my father in law has given to me sometime ago + the OEM (double) seat bracket.
But before I need to fab the adding arms that should go below the saddle. Pics will follow asap...

Quote from: CDNRatMan on April 02, 2018, 16:59:46 PM

Next you will be hunting for folding passenger floorboards.....

Sir, looks like your memory isn't workin' good any more (LOL): I've already got them and they're blacked out F&S!  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Marco which seat are you going to run with that? Next you will be hunting for folding passenger floorboards.....

Old Drifter

Looks great Marco, can't wait to see it on MaDuce.

Gene

1999 Drifter

Tfrank59

That's pretty cool. Wish I could find a set of those. You can just paint them and then clear coat them and that'll hold up for a long time I'm sure. Show us some pics when you got it all mounted on your bike

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

mittico68

Brief update.
Finally the grabrails have been rewelded on (look at pics).
Now it need to be repainted (I would have liked to have it powder coated, but as far as I know there are no local shops that can do it!), so that the Unicorn will be ready to go, again!  8)

I love my swingin' bike!

mittico68

Quote from: Old Drifter on January 17, 2018, 09:21:09 AM

TJ, Marco has excellent English language understanding and grammar skills... probably better than I...lol.  He doesn't use the google translator.

:) Great defense, but now please let me know your fee...  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

Old Drifter

Quote from: tj on January 17, 2018, 05:50:25 AM

Huh...what? LOL...more google translator abuse?

TJ, Marco has excellent English language understanding and grammar skills... probably better than I...lol.  He doesn't use the google translator.
Gene

1999 Drifter

RockinRollin

I know the feeling, have been looking for Arlen Ness valve cover accents to no avail.

tj

Quote from: mittico68 on January 16, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

Well Tj, in my case I must add the impertinence with which I asked the seller if he was willing to sell the item separately from his bike...  :o  ;)

Huh...what? LOL...more google translator abuse?

mittico68

Well Tj, in my case I must add the impertinence with which I asked the seller if he was willing to sell the item separately from his bike...  :o  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

tj

Quote from: mittico68 on January 16, 2018, 01:53:16 AM

I think it all depends on what you're lookin' for: me, I'm always surfing on the internet for everything that could fit ma-deuce!

i do the same thing...just don't have any luck at it. :(

tj

Quote from: CDNRatMan on January 15, 2018, 16:22:11 PM

Because your a Coconut....lol......Hi buddy.....what are you looking for? I really like to hunt for parts for people, trying to find that special part for someone in need......

tj don't forget to go to the bike show in TO in April......I found a few Drifter parts there and sold them or used them........

I am hunting for a speedo visor for Pearl right now......if not then perhaps try to make one myself.....

i've been looking for a solo seat rail and rear engine guards (i think that's what they are called) for my 99 1500 for years now...

speedo visor...i have a chrome one that came off my 1500. pm me

mittico68

Quote from: tj on January 15, 2018, 06:42:13 AM

great find mittico!...why can't i find stuff like this.

I think it all depends on what you're lookin' for: me, I'm always surfing on the internet for everything that could fit ma-deuce!

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Because your a Coconut....lol......Hi buddy.....what are you looking for? I really like to hunt for parts for people, trying to find that special part for someone in need......

tj don't forget to go to the bike show in TO in April......I found a few Drifter parts there and sold them or used them........

I am hunting for a speedo visor for Pearl right now......if not then perhaps try to make one myself.....

tj

great find mittico!...why can't i find stuff like this.

mittico68

Quote from: CDNRatMan on January 14, 2018, 12:48:20 PM

Marco: I'll take that as a compliment

Andy, that's what I meant!
Even though I don't know you in person, I appreciate your availability and your efforts to help others. Hats off to you!

I love my swingin' bike!

mittico68

Quote from: Old Drifter on January 14, 2018, 07:18:36 AM

Marco...you always amaze me with your knowledge and use of the English language.

I've been studyin' english since I was 8 y.o. and I've always loved to be able to speak it.
BUT I have to confess that sometimes I use (or abuse...) the google translator...  :o A little help in case of needs is always welcome, no matter from!  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Marco: I'll take that as a compliment, but I have done a lot of late night surfing on different web sites and I can not tell you the number of times I thought I found a part to have it refused because the item is no longer in stock......what a let down.....

Now RockingRolly knows me we have met a few times, in fact I drove 5 hours each way in a day to go and get parts from him for Rendezvous 2017 that he was donating. I actually got to sit in his living room, met his wife and the royal treatment I got to met his dog. Then I was shown his garage and was allowed to look and touch his bike. I was not allowed however to sit on it.......

Old Drifter

Quote from: mittico68 on January 14, 2018, 02:45:27 AM

Well guys, your infos keep me smile more and more happily!  ;D
RockinRollin, you should know that Ratman is inimitable: he's the real Unicorn!  :)

Marco...you always amaze me with your knowledge and use of the English language. Had to look that one up...lol.

in·im·i·ta·ble
iˈnimədəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
so good or unusual as to be impossible to copy; unique.
"the inimitable ambience of Hawaii"
synonyms:   incomparable, unparalleled, unrivaled, peerless, matchless, unequaled, unsurpassable, superlative, supreme, perfect, beyond compare, second to none, in a class of one's own; unique, distinctive, individual; formalunexampled, sui generis
"after years of trying to imitate Hitchcock, I finally accepted the fact that the master is inimitable"

Gene

1999 Drifter

mittico68

Well guys, your infos keep me smile more and more happily!  ;D
RockinRollin, you should know that Ratman is inimitable: he's the real Unicorn!  :)

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

mittico I have tried ordering parts from that site, about a day or so after ordering Drifter parts I get a sorry can not fill your order your funds have been returned. Lots of sites still advertise Drifter parts but they do not have any.
I go into every Kawasaki shop I pass and ask if they have anything tucked away and if so can I buy it or at least have a price on it.

Every swap met or bike event where things are for sale I will hunt through the piles looking for anything. I have found a few items this way and sold them to members who are hunting for them and I only ask for my shipping charges. Lots of fun hunting for parts, and I also watch Kijiji......

So really consider that you have the Unicorn........I think the hardest parts for an 800 are, sissy bar with the back rest, the front fender guard, and the speedo visor. I have not seen many of any of these around in a long time.......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk