1500 misfiring

Started by OR Seedman, June 02, 2019, 14:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

ok, then. glad to hear it's running correctly. Funny how the factory seems to get it right.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

mittico68

Glad that you've solved the problem!
Happy ridin'...

I love my swingin' bike!

OR Seedman

got a couple of nice long rides in over the last few days.....bike is running great! And my fuel mileage is back up over 40+ mpg!  What a relief!  I like 200 mile range on a tank much better than 125....must have been pouring the fuel into the cylinders....I don't think I am going to replace the bad programmer with a new one if the bike keeps running like it is now...

OR Seedman

OR Seedman

I think that's what I am going to do for now...but I will monitor the exhaust residue and plugs to make sure I'm not running too lean.  Hopefully my mileage will go back up to around 40 like it was last summer....

OR Seedman

Troll

Damn things are always more trouble than they are worth. I bet it runs fine without the juice box...I've been running mine with a no restriction intake for nearly 100,000 miles, and no "tuner"...45-50 mpg, and runs perfectly on 89 octane

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

OR Seedman

I think I might have solved the issue....the Dynatek programmer that came on the bike when I got it seems to have started malfunctioning.....I tried several different pot settings....it would definitely change the idle speed, but the hesitation would sometimes be worse...finally yanked the whole thing out and guess what...runs smooth as silk (so far).  I will probably have to get another programmer, though, since I am running a Thunder air system and V&H Longshots....

Plugs are new but were all looking somewhat fouled...and my mileage was dropping severely...hopefully this with take care of it for now...

OR Seedman

Pilgrim

Possible to switch the plug wires on the coils to see if it is a bad coil? If not the coil, then switch the plugs.

OR Seedman

so....time for some help, please.  My 1500 has started running really rough and misfiring on the rear cylinder.  Has new plugs, new air filter and I only run premium non-ethanol fuel.  it has slowly become worse to the point that it is no longer feasible to ride.  I put a brand new battery in today and resealed the air-cleaner mounting plate....still didn't help.  ran diagnostics...no codes flashed.....so...coils?. bad spark plug?  programmer going bad? ,  any ideas would be helpful....

thanks,

OR Seedman

OR Seedman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk