Hello from Charleston,WVa

Started by wvmountainman, October 25, 2017, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westfield21

"When you're wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, people don't know who you are. So I just wander around and, yeah, it's pretty awesome.

greenbarn

Welcome, Dave, and did anyone mention Pics???   We'd love do see a poor rescued Drifter all fixed up.

No Worries

Moose

Welcome from one new guy to another. Excited to see the pics.

Old Drifter

Welcome to the family Dave. Sounds like you rescued a good one. 

Gene

1999 Drifter

mittico68

Welcome aboard, Dave.
You'll sure enjoy this Forum, because it's a great site with tons of useful infos and a bunch of nice & kind people.  8)
BTW, as Ratman already stated, WE DO LIKE PICS!!!  ::)  ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

chief

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

Welcome and enjoy your stay here and be aware of some of the people here and really picture hounds and will beg endlessly for them. We are also blessed with some of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Drifters and we have people that enjoy helping others..........and we have a lot of people that are older than you and they are still here, I would mention any names about age some people seem to be bothered by that .....lol.......
Welcome Dave.... 

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

wvmountainman

Hello to all y'all, Dave F here in Charleston. I have a 2000 1500 Drifter I rescued from a junkshop winter of 2014..Turquoise and black, tan leather. Soon as I figure out posting pics, I will get some before and current pics for your entertainment.

I had been away from motorcycles for 35 years,raising 2 younguns,and the usual life stuff. Had never heard of Drifter,might have seen a couple thinking they were Indians..Noticed mine sitting beside a junk shop out in the country near here,covered up with old plastic, seen the skirted front fender with the Chief ornament, figgered it was a Indian, new I couldnt afford it, just kept going.

Later trip same way, my curiosity got the best of me, and I stopped for a look. Lady at shop said : bet you thought it was an Indian, "welllllll, yes I did. It's a Kawasaki Nomad,she sez. A dowhattie ? I asked, Kawasaki,look at the dash. Sho nuff, there it said Kawasaki. Bless my soul,what is this. I got the model number off neck tag-1500 j,came home and looked it up, found out enough to know I wanted it, went back,we agreed on a price,very reasonable and her son would deliver it .
Motor,brakes were stuck,ignition switch was gone from a previous attempt to steal and hot wire it-hahaha,bet those jokers got a good foolin.  Much red mud underneath from being ridden up and down one of our famous Hollers.

I bough the corect manual, got on VROC forum,didnt know you guys were here,and commenced on a new adventure. March of 2015 we rollled him out with new tires,tubes,fresh oil,etc,, repaired tank and front fender..The learning curve has been tremendous for this 65 y.o retired mechanic.
Will tell more along the way. Bike's name is Ol Man Drifter, he runs fine,cept if you ride a while and turn him off, you gotta wait 8-10 minutes before he is of a notion to start and run. Done a LOT of parts swapping,but it is just his peculiarity. Lord knows I have my own.

Have a goodun. Dave  8) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk