2017 Northern Drifter Rendezvous

Started by chief, August 25, 2016, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

Well your both welcome and if you can not make it then we will have your roast anyway one evening around the patio......lol.....

Dc that would be one way to get here.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

DC

Quote from: Troll on March 13, 2017, 18:01:03 PM

I would REALLY like to go, but so far, I just can't....Things could change....

I'm not in the go Go column either, but things on the work front are changing for me, so who knows.

Troll

I would REALLY like to go, but so far, I just can't....Things could change....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

DC

Alternatively, I could just haul it up on my truck and skip the trailer.

CDNRatMan

Only issue with a closed trailer is that they may ask you to pull over to secondary and ask you to open the trailer.

Cheryl I am afraid the T shirts are on order and getting done as a show, then I'll take orders I have purchased patches already, I have had people talking about bringing"stuff" and having an ad hoc type of swap met, let people know what you brought and then see what someone else brought and swap or buy the item. I am open for that, Have a board to post your items on or at night just talk about it.

Old Drifter, Sir, GreenBarn came across also leat year and he had an open trailer and he had no issues either.

DC if your spouses are not chained in the trailer I really don't see any issues.......

Old Drifter

I went across the Canadian border in 2014 with a motorcycle on an open trailer. No problems at all, just the usual entry questions were asked and a passport was needed.

Gene

1999 Drifter

DC

RatMan, for those that might be trailering, what are the issues that one from the States might have to deal with in bringing their bike in an enclosed trailer?  Are there some fees or restrictions at the border?  Not saying I am going or can go, but just in case.  If I went, I would only bring one of my wives, to keep costs under control.

Cheryl E

Oh - also, we don't need T-shirts or other "souvenirs" - just good conversation and good rides. 

Cheryl E

Well you crazy old fool - just kidding Andy! - - looks like we will be heading your way!

I do believe I have Tom talked into riding it with me....at least until he sees the opportunity for a swap meet, at which point I am sure the plan will change... ;) of course you know he won't bring anything to sell, just an empty trailer to fill - - you do know he's a hoarder, right?

Looking forward to a much needed break.

Cheryl

Old Drifter

Looks like the Northern Drifter Rendezvous is the only game in town (or out of town) now for 2017.  :o

Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

Good day once again, I just want to reiterate once more something mentioned earlier. I have people asking about having a nightly swap meet. So I am trying to sort this out, if you want to bring any large items like a exhaust system, windscreen, let me know and I will start a list of these items, the small stuff you need not really list, but you can, I will make it available to everyone. This would be a good way to clean out the shed and get rid of some extra parts.

CDNRatMan

Gene I will have them put a special bed on just for your old achy bones if you show up, and some Canadian Maple syrup......

Old Drifter

Quote from: greenbarn on February 22, 2017, 21:50:25 PM

And the Rendezvous is scheduled in late July, so it will actually be warm enough to sit outside without winter coats...  LOL...

This is going to be a fun Drift-In Guys and Gals, so don't miss it!!

I'd really like to attend, it's 1100 miles from me...one way. Anyone plan on riding up that I could meet/ride with on the ride up? I would be leaving from North Georgia. Send me a PM. Thanks
Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

:o I'll have spare parkas for those attending. The igloos will also be heated......

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 20, 2017, 15:51:40 PM

At the Pinecone Restaurant there is a huge patio/deck to sit outside for a few brews and great conversations....

And the Rendezvous is scheduled in late July, so it will actually be warm enough to sit outside without winter coats...  LOL...

This is going to be a fun Drift-In Guys and Gals, so don't miss it!!   

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Welcome to the 1st Northern Drifter Rendezvous. We will be staying at the Pinewood Park Resort in North Bay Ontario Canada. There is 2 restaurants on site a Lounge, swimming pool and a par three Executive Golf Course. At the Pinecone Restaurant there is a huge patio/deck to sit outside for a few brews and great conversations. Right across the street is a Timmies (Tim Horton's Coffee Place) along with a Corner store and Esso Fuel station ad a Subway Restaurant. On the south side of the resort is a huge parking lot for all of you planning to trailer to the Rendezvous.  At the present time I have 3 extremely pleasant and fun rides planned for you this week. Two of these rides are found in the map Big Adventure and are featured, as two must do rides for the North Eastern Ontario area. They are the Lake Temiskaming Tour and The Lake Nipissing Circle Tour, the third ride is one of all local back roads. You can see all the rides on the following:
Link is at www.ridethenorth.com
Some of the rides have been modified to suit what I think would be more enjoyable for all our riders.
After we have done all the rides I am working on a banquet dinner for us all at the Resort. I have some trophies and such in the works and along with T shirts for sale to defray the cost of the Banquet dinner.
These are the planned rides for your enjoyment, each ride has an attached map, and distances and time on them, they are all flexible and adaptable as required.
I will be around to lead a few after supper rides if people want to do that and also take a few people to Callander outlook to see the sunset out over the lake.

DC

Between now and the Drifter Rendezvous, I'm going to try to win the lottery, so I can retire and have time to make it up there.

greenbarn

Quote from: Troll on January 24, 2017, 17:42:33 PM

I'm working on it.....I have my 50th High school reunion coming up in October, in New York....don't know if I can get away with two trips this year....

Well, bring the wife to Ontario, and call it a family vacation!

No Worries

Troll

I'm working on it.....I have my 50th High school reunion coming up in October, in New York....don't know if I can get away with two trips this year....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

:o DC......................

Pilgrim really happy you decided to attend......now I can see if all the stories I heard about you from Maggie Valley are true.......

Pilgrim

Made and confirmed my reservations today... :D

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on December 10, 2016, 19:15:36 PM

:o  I'll get a pair of them made one of DC and one of me in my bathing suit to have in the lobby are the registration will take place..........Dc need a picture of you in a bathing suit and when we are down with them send them to PC...........

Well, you asked for it.   :o

DC

Quote from: greenbarn on December 10, 2016, 18:25:15 PM

Planning on going...   sounds like a great time.  And I'm mounting Moose rifles on the front of the bike this time.

DC, sorry to hear you can't get time off work - that's a bummer.  Maybe you can at least send a holograph of you.   Andy, can you get one of those life-sized poster cardboard stand-up thingys, with DC's picture on it??  we can take it with us everywhere we go... 8)

I think we can set up a Skype and you can project my image on a wall.  That will surely scare any onlookers away and you guys will have the whole place to yourselves.   :o

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on December 10, 2016, 15:39:47 PM

All members be forewarned if you are like DC and contemplating not showing up, understand that every evening you will be standing a really good chance of being roasted by those in attendance......... :o

I know my ears will be burning.    :o  I hope someone at least makes a video of my roast.. . . Or maybe Skype it, or put my likeness on a laptop screen via Skype, then launch the barbs.  However, be forewarned, I may have my body double standing in . . . . . . . so HE can take the abuse!    :o

CDNRatMan

I have had a few people asking about different things and something we have come up with is if you have a few spare parts or parts you don't need anymore bring them with you and we can have a swap met and swap / sell / buy some parts......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk