2017 Northern Drifter Rendezvous

Started by chief, August 25, 2016, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

CDNRatMan

CDNRatMan

So the first Northern Drifter Rendezvous is now in the books. The event seems to have been a good one. I heard nothing bad or negative from any of the attendees.
Farthest Driven was 49 Reo and his lovely wife
Farthest Ridden was BabyFace and his deadweight spouse
Best personalized Drifter Was Tom Erwin
Best 1500 was Wayne
Best 800 was GreenBarn

CDNRatMan

Well it is now 2354 and officially The First Northern Drifter Rendezvous is over. People will be departing if they have not done so tonight in the morning heading home. I will take a day or so to sort and cut and crop the pictures and post them here. I will also let the people who attended decide if it was a success.

CDNRatMan

Well Coconut,
28th is registration and meet and greet, and then the 29th is Circle the Lake tour ride. But you know those that let work interfere with riding.......well you have to do as you see fit.......

tj

I may have to go to work on the 30th...away for 12 weeks :(

Anything planned for the 27, 28, 29?...I may be able to go these days.

CDNRatMan

RockinRollin

It's on Monday then? I was leaving Monday to drive back home, that might be why I wasn't paying attention.

RockinRollin

You're going to blame me for forgetting?
That's discrimination against older people with memory loss ::).

CDNRatMan

I seem to remember tell you all this on a nice sunny Sat morning sitting in your living room. The banquet is on July 31st at the Clarion.......31st being Monday night.......

Sunday evening I am planning on a evening of wings at the Moose's cookhouse.

RockinRollin

Funny I don't remember you asking if I wanted chicken or BBQ?
What day is the banquet, was I supposed to register for this?
Do you need money up front? I will have to cash in my pop bottles.

CDNRatMan

We will take care of that Garry.......

There is a campsite right around the corner on RiverBend road. Fairview Campsite.

Just let me know if you want the BBQ steak or Chicken for the dinner? That is if your staying through till Monday evening.....

garry anderson

Hi, I had written that I had reserved rooms at the Ramada, but my wife and I have decided to camp instead, however please book us for the banquet as well as Sat and Sun events.  We will arrive friday and drop over to the hotel to register for the rendezvous.  Garry Anderson 99 drifter 800

CDNRatMan

Just a heads up if your planning on coming the the 1st Northern Drifter Rendezvous July 28th thru the 1st of Aug then better book your room as there is only four left. Huge rush on rooms as a couple movie companies are filling all the local motels during that time frame. Just a heads up.

CDNRatMan

So today I picked up 50 patches and the T shirts first run was done, those will be by order and so if you want a Northern Drifter Rendezvous T shirt you can order them through

http://www.drift-in.org/

patches are limited to the 50 and I will not be ordering more unless it is another 50 for cost reasons.

chief

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

Thanks Gene, I'll be taking orders for them soon and then have them ready for Rendezvous or mail them out to the people that just want to order one........

Old Drifter

They look great, nice job! Looks like you have it covered.

Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

I have the digital proofs of the Rendezvous T shirts and patches..........

Patches will be $10.00

T shirts $15.00

the money raised here is going to go right back into the event to defray the cost for the participants.

Old Drifter

Looking for someone to share a room with for the Northern Drifter Rendezvous at the Ramada Pinewood Park Resort. PM me if interested. Thanks

Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

We look forward to seeing you here on Sat.

garry anderson

Hi, I have just reserved a room at the Ramada for Sat. and Sun. My wife and I will be arriving on my 99 Drifter 800 early Sat afternoon.  I am looking forward to meeting fellow drifter riders and looking at their bikes.  I have owned my drifter since new and its tires have touched the Atlantic , the Pacific and  the waters of James Bay.  If anyone is travelling on the trans canada through Arnprior On. Sat Morn  July 29 please let me Know and we will join you.

Garry Anderson

Old Drifter

Quote from: tj on March 18, 2017, 17:43:44 PM

I'll go with you from Woodstock Gene...stay the night if you like.

Sent you a PM. Sounds like a plan.  8)
Gene

1999 Drifter

tj

Quote from: tj on November 26, 2016, 16:27:39 PM

Yup will be there...as long as work permits.

Was also thinking for anyone coming along the 401 and want to overnight around the Woodstock area, I could probably accommodate 3 riders.
Using the highway, I am about 4hrs 15min from North Bay. 7hrs by the scenic back roads.

Quote from: Old Drifter on March 18, 2017, 11:48:52 AM

Planning on riding solo to Northern Drifter Rendezvous. Looking to ride along with someone/people from North Georgia area, or anywhere in between to North Bay, Ontario. PM me or email me through forum.  Thanks

I'll go with you from Woodstock Gene...stay the night if you like.

Old Drifter

Planning on riding solo to Northern Drifter Rendezvous. Looking to ride along with someone/people from North Georgia area, or anywhere in between to North Bay, Ontario. PM me or email me through forum.  Thanks

Gene

1999 Drifter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk