New Drifter

Started by Trall, November 28, 2015, 16:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcarrell

Welcome to the forum Trall!

I've got family not far from you!  They live over in Monmouth, Il.

Maybe next time I head out that way I'll hit you up before I leave and we can catch a cup of coffee or something!

Troll

Hi...you're not far from me (relatively) as I am in Wisconsin...about two tanks of gas to Peoria...I am hosting a regional Drifter Rally in central Wisconsin in July. So far it looks like there will be about 15-20 people from the mid-west there. Might be a good place to meet some hard core owners and swap ideas. There is a FaceBook event page for it: https://www.facebook.com/events/752623381526519/

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

mittico68

Welcome aboard Trall!
I'm a sure happy owner of a 1999 Drifter 800 and since my first ride (back in july 1999), I'm in love with her!
You'll see: the baby is such a smooth ride and a real turn-head!!  8)
BTW: pics, please, asap...

I love my swingin' bike!

Trall

Quote from: CDNRatMan on November 28, 2015, 19:17:43 PM

Welcome, and you will have a blast with the 800. Were are you buying all the cool accessories. Wait, I think I have all the ones that were there.
Yes once PC signs on you will be hounded for pictures he is really bad about that........

Some of the factory stuff is hard to find and some of the Indian stuff even harder.
So far some of the coolest finds was NOS (New old stock) Indian Air Cleaner chrome badge for a 1954 to 1958 Indians that fits perfect on the 800 Air cleaner.
Last week got a like new Oem Drifter chrome sissy bar with mounting brackets for my double seat from a Drifter owner selling on EBay and from that lead found the coveted Solo seat rail that's in the mail.   

Trall

Here the before pic. I debadged it and the PO already installed the Indian fender light.  Iam doing my Drifter as a Indian Tribute and the tank will have Indian war dress pic clear coated and both fenders will have the circular parts on each side in the cream color the matches the factory tank decal and the fender decals will be removed since there not clear coated and the new paint being done.  Will post updates when all done.   

CDNRatMan

Welcome, and you will have a blast with the 800. Were are you buying all the cool accessories. Wait, I think I have all the ones that were there.
Yes once PC signs on you will be hounded for pictures he is really bad about that........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Welcome, Trall, to the forum.   Good to meet you, too!  Glad to see you found a Drifter.   You'll find a lot of information on here - and some really nice people.  Of course, some of them might turn on you if you don't get some pictures posted soon....   we like pics... ;D

I had to drive a ways to get my 800 - about 4 hours.   However, I found my 1500 only about 45 minutes from here.

What color are you going with??  Keep us posted on the progress!

No Worries

Trall

Hello everyone.  I got my first cruiser bike a 2001 Drifter 800.
I came from riding sport bikes all my life and selling my Hayabusa in July. Never owned or rode a cruiser but at 45 wanted to find my first one.  I started looking at Honda VTX and Yamaha Royal Stars and other cookie cutter cruisers and nothing I wanted to buy until I came across my first picture of the Drifters and was hooked.  Always loved the looks of Indian bikes and could not believe my eyes that Kawasaki designed the Drifters from the 40's Indian Chief. I starting reading all the history of their orgins and I was hooked.

I started searching for 800 or 1500 Drifter and nothing around the Peoria, IL area so made a 300 mile search radius and checked many times a day for about a month.  Then found my 2001 Drifter original family owner with 2300 miles and went down by St. Louis to bring my new baby home.

The Drifters are unbelievable. The retro look and styles are just beautiful machines.

So going from a lifetime of sport bikes to my first cruiser and wished I came across Drifters years ago.

So now I have my bike in pieces and off for custom painting and doing the the fluid changes and polishing of all the spokes and bike overall.  Also been buying all the cool accessories.

Will post pics sometime when I figure that out. Just set up my account.

Well Good to meet everyone.

Anthony (Trall)

PS I posted my first question in the 800 Drifter area for anyone that might know please help and post over on the 800 section on what I need to to to mount a factory seat rail from a 1500 Drifter to my 800 Drifter.  It's coming in the mail and took my forever to find one.  Thanks in Advance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk