Drift In Story

Started by racemom91, August 29, 2014, 14:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racemom91

So, this year was my second year attending Drift In.  The first year I went with the idea of "well, if it sucks I can still go off on my own and enjoy some new scenery".  As it turns out we had a great time and met some new people.  Teri and John went out of their way to make us feel welcome.  We looked forward to this year.  This year we kind of knew what to expect, looked forward to seeing friends made last year and meeting new.  This year was a bit different than last year in terms of schedules, etc. - and we were a bit concerned about a few things.  We didn't go online and bitch and whine.  We went to Drift In again with the attitude of "well, if it sucks we can go our own way and ride some new country" and guess what?  Again it not only didn't suck, it was fun.  We met up with friends from last year and again made some new ones.  And all of this brings me to the point of my post and a prime example of Drift In:  A small group of us, led first by Troll and then by Stacie were trying to go ride the Dragon (but we were turned around).  We pulled into a gas station and as it happened a guy on a drifter happed to see all of us so he turned around and tagged on to the end of our group.  Without a word, just jumped in.  A stop or two later we (the small group) determined that this man knew where we were better than we did and so we had him lead.  He was in town for Drift In and had not even checked in to the dog pound yet.  He did a fine job getting us there, up the dragon, down the dragon and back to the pound.  And that is how we met Thom from PA!  THIS IS WHAT DRIFT IN IS ABOUT!  I am so glad to have spent the day with each and every one of you and that is why I will continue to attend Drift In.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk