Comments and complaints

Started by Dancing Bear, August 27, 2014, 21:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmbo

Since you set up a post for concerns let me offer mine.

As I and others noted on the Delphi blog, I agree with those who wish to continue the logo contest tradition.  It gives members a chance to be involved and feel they are part of the planning of the event.. It help build up interest and enthusiasm months prior to the event.  It also takes some to the risk off the shoulders of whoever designs the shirts since the final design is "member sanctioned" I wish you would reconsider dropping the contest from next year's program.

I am not sure why you feel the need to eliminate this tradition but I wish you would please reconsider.

Jimb

Dancing Bear

Whether there has or has not been comments or complaints made between members so far or not, I want to address this now. My email is mstillalive@yahoo.com
My cell number is 574-207-3829

If there are comments or complaints anyone would like to present I will handle on  a 1 on 1 basis. Please DO NOT contact Heidi on face book about negative comments or ANY complaints.
I am not sure if what I have heard is just a few, who did not stand up and take on the responsibility of hosting this, or a few who like drama and maybe nothing to it at all. Heidi and I are a long way from traditionalists, neither of us are new to planning large events, we do not know everything but we do know too many hands in the pot makes for an EXTREMELY confusing time.
We are breaking for recent traditions with this Drift - In, however all were glad we said we would do it. All we ask is please allow us to do some things differently.
That does not mean your opinions do not matter, it simply means we will listen to your opinions and decide what will be best for hosting the best 2015 Drift - In we can host.

There are things in the works we will not discuss now, but after our revisit to the area in October 2014 we will have a better handle on some of the things that are going on.
Teri Conrad has agreed to handle the raffle the way she wants it done.

Our British friends are frustrated that July is the event. We are aware June was not a good time for some people so Heidi and I decided after hearing what all had to say when we volunteered to host we were not going to be able to and would not try to make it a perfect world.

If anyone has concerns, instead of allowing them to fester among you, let's get them out in the open, that is the only way they can be addressed and resolved.

As far as traditions are concerned, there will still be some, some will be eliminated this Drift - In. Heidi and I are grown up people and can make some pretty large decisions, with all in mind.

You trusted us to host this, please continue to trust us. We have received so many likes on both the forums, this one and Delphi plus on face book.

Our goal is for all to enjoy and to not get so many people involved that we as hosts lose control and your trust you have given us.

You have my email and my number. I do not mean to offend anyone. If you are offended in any way I apologize, but I take my role in this very seriously and will continue to do so.

As far as the logo for this year if you want to submit a logo that is up to you, that does not mean there will be an official vote on the logo or how the shirts should be done or look. This is another tradition that may  be changed this year, official voting for logo and/or shirts. Please note the shirts WILL NOT be black this year.
We were told had we had to decide how we wanted to handle Drift - In  2015, Heidi and I have no problem taking that literally.

We have no doubt that all that attend will enjoy whether you have come to every one of them or this is your first time.
There will be more posts and we will continue to work on this all thru the year.

Your support is very important to Heidi and Me.

I am well aware some people will like me and some will not like me. The point is neither side will ever have to wonder who I am and where I am coming from. Wouldn't you rather have it that way instead of wondering about me or if you should turn your back on me? I come straight up. I will not apologize for who I am. I respect all until they prove I should not. I am not a tough guy, just who I am.

Thank you to all and look forward to seeing all friends old and new in Pikeville, Kentucky July 20 - 24 2015 for some good old down in Southeast Kentucky fun. You know how Heidi (Dimples) enjoys laughing.

In closing I want to give the applause to Chief for all his efforts, dedication and diligence for making 2014 Drift - In a WONDERFUL and enjoyable time.
Heidi and I hope to do the follow up justice.

Ron (Dancing Bear) and Heidi (Dimples)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk