1500 air pressure and settings

Started by aclone, July 15, 2009, 20:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcarrell

The stock shocks max out at 43psi.  From the factory, they're set at 17psi which is what they say is good for a 175# person.  I'm about 250, and my wife is not the thinnest girl in the world, so I started out at 40psi with the damper set at 4.  It wasn't as harsh as I thought it might be.  It was pretty comfortable actually.  I might back both of those settings back a bit next time out, I don't know.  I just got her backrest on the bike, so now she'll ride, so it's all kinda new to me too.  Just don't use a regular pump on those shocks.  Get a no loss pump, like the one progressive makes.  The 60# model is good.  Also, jack the bike up so there's no weight on the rear tire when you do it.

As a point of reference, I run 20#'s and damper setting 2 then I'm solo.  I get a nice buttery soft ride, and I've only bottomed the shocks out once over a massive bump in the road at speed.

aclone

I,ve been looking all over the web and I don't have a manual yet. What load to what number on the shock? how much air pressure for two up riding ?
thanks mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk