It's been said many times before

Started by moosewing3, May 26, 2014, 22:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

  John when you are on the East coast and then you will be able to partake in Cod tongues, and of course flipper pie. and you lot with mashed peas......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

John Hopkins

You Colonials eat some disgusting stuff..there seems to be a 'thing' about offering strangers disgusting food just to see if they will eat it just so they won't cause offence..With Arabs, it's sheeps eyeballs, the Frence have snails and as a backup, frogs legs, the Inuit have whale blubber,  the Scots have Haggis, and as a back up deep fried mars bar in batter, the English have sausages and the Welsh have Faggots and mushy peas, the Germans have Sour Kraut, the Asians eat crispy fried bugs, Africans eat Fried locusts, the Russians eat raw fish eggs, and you lot dip your chips in katsup..

Barbarians..

John.


Nanook

#20

I had a solo spring seat (singh) on my drifter for a year, and recently swith to a corbin two up to be able to bring the wife along. But I must now say that the firmer solo spring seat was a lot more comfortable for the long run.....and at low speed it also absorbed every imperfection in the road like no other seat can! Now if i coul only find a way to switch rapidly from one to the other, I would be in heaven!

Rob


moosewing3

Fully agree that harder is better. So is the Corbin as firm as the Mustang seats?


chief

A motorcycle isn't a living room chair... you are supposed to lean, twist, etc. So, for the same reason horse saddles are firm, bike seats are "supposed" to be firm. With soft seats I get "hot spots" and you can get the dreaded "monkey butt".  I end up far more uncomfortable on softer seats. Back in the olden days ALL seats were firm. My first harley was so comfortable I could ride forever... or at least until something broke on it. I have used firm seats ever sense. I ALWAYS try the OEM saddle first... but end up buying a Corbin!

Corbin will do almost anything to your seat if you take it to them!!
Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Bucko

I've put plenty of thousand kilometer days on my Drifter with it's stock solo seat.  My legs will cramp up a bit but my bum is just fine.  On the other hand: about an hour on my 31 year old 900F seat feels like I spent the night passed out in a Turkish bath.


jmbo

OK so no more poutine......back to better seats for your seat. As I have states elsewhere I swapped out my stock two up for a springer saddle. This seat has zero padding (neither does my bony butt) the springs take all of the shock. To my surprise the seat is comfortable even on long halls. I remember reading a article about bicycle seats saying that a hard seat is actually better than a soft seat or even a gel seat. They claim the softer seat allows your back to flex from side to side creating back fatigue where as a firmer seat tended to stabilize your back causing less strain. Supposedly this is why Corbin refuses to put gel pads in their seats because it takes away from providing solid back support. Not sure if any of this is officially true but i know that what I have works for me. 

Jimb

DC

Quote from: greenbarn on May 28, 2014, 18:50:26 PM

[ot]
Now that's funny, my old boss ate his fries that way.  We used to travel a lot together, and it seemed to be the strangest thing - he would put a generous amount of ketchup on them, but them completely cover them with black pepper.  I'm talking like 1/3 - 1/2 a pepper-shaker full!  It disturbed him if the place had shakers that he couldn't unscrew the lid, and pour it out!!   I tried it that way once, and surprisingly it's not really "hot" just has a real strong taste of black pepper.[/ot]

Lots of pepper!  YES!!!!!   ;D

moosewing3

Will definitely be spending the money on something, I loved my Mustang touring seat on my Classic, thinking pretty hard about adapting a Nomad Mustang for this bike. As an added bonus the next day the speedo cable snapped, off to Belleville for a new one today, really starting to think this bike is cursed. Also in case I didn't mention it I highly recommend this course to everyone. great day and very informative no matter how long you have been riding.


aralph

#13

[ot]I recall out east in Nfld, we would go to the Irving Station /Restaurant and have our fries with gravy and ketchup. As for the Corbin seat moosewing, spend the money. I've got the 2up and am seriously thinking about getting their single also.

aralph[/ot]


Troll

#12

[ot]

Quote from: greenbarn on May 28, 2014, 18:50:26 PM

Now that's funny, my old boss ate his fries that way.  We used to travel a lot together, and it seemed to be the strangest thing - he would put a generous amount of ketchup on them, but them completely cover them with black pepper.  I'm talking like 1/3 - 1/2 a pepper-shaker full!  It disturbed him if the place had shakers that he couldn't unscrew the lid, and pour it out!!   I tried it that way once, and surprisingly it's not really "hot" just has a real strong taste of black pepper.

Isn't that a normal way to eat fries? Slopping gravy on them sounds disgusting...like sausage gravy and biscuits with a half inch of grease floating on top....[/ot]

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

greenbarn

#11

[ot]

Quote from: Nanook on May 28, 2014, 18:30:09 PM

I eat my fries with ketchup and a ton of freshly grounded black pepper!

Now that's funny, my old boss ate his fries that way.  We used to travel a lot together, and it seemed to be the strangest thing - he would put a generous amount of ketchup on them, but them completely cover them with black pepper.  I'm talking like 1/3 - 1/2 a pepper-shaker full!  It disturbed him if the place had shakers that he couldn't unscrew the lid, and pour it out!!   I tried it that way once, and surprisingly it's not really "hot" just has a real strong taste of black pepper.[/ot]
No Worries

Nanook

#10

[ot]I eat my fries with ketchup and a ton of freshly grounded black pepper! So can easily understand the tabasco thing. The poutine is an experience in itself, it's almost the national food here. The basic recipe is fries with gravy and cheese kurds, but some place serves over 20 different kind, chicken, smoked meat, name it..... the strangiest i've eaten is fries, gravy and cheese plus green peas, chunk of chicken, chunk of sausage and all cover with a creamy cole slaw!  Altough I was born in Montreal I'm not a big fan of poutine, but I can't go a month without eating a montrel style smoked meat from Schwatz or a fresh out of the wood oven montreal style bagel from Fairmount. There is a big battle between Montreal and New York for those two delicacies....but we win![/ot]


CDNRatMan

#9

[ot]   ;)  Here we are talking about fries and burgers because moosewing3 's tender buttocks can not handle a stock seat for a mere 14 hours, guess that happens when you are just not used to a stock seat, I really liked mine, and like it even more now, since the gel pad was put in.

jmbo lots of Northerner's do eat their fries with no vineger, and love to smother them in ketchup, tabasco not so much but we do have our share of spicey food here....lol....[/ot]

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

chief

#8

[ot]1) "Chips" with malt vinegar!!! My favorite... its really a Brit thing, but it carried over to the "colonies". I ALWAYS use malt vinegar on my fries ... never ketchup/catsup. [/ot]

2) I just rode 450 miles on the Drifter and had absolutely NO problems in the seating area. What I paid for the Corbin has been well worth it over the past 12 years!!! I have a corbin on my Goldwing as well. It is worth the cost. BUT, some people don't like the fact the seats are firm.
Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

jmbo

#7

[ot]My humble apologies to my brethren to the north for my misspelling. Ô Canada!

I had my fair share of poutine while I worked in Montreal. I have to admit that it is an acquired taste that I did not totally acquire. (Much like riding on the Drifter OE seat. It didn't stay the distance.)  But then I also saw others around the table shutter when I dipped my fries in ketchup with a dash of Tabasco.  ..and then there is that "burger sauce". But when in Rome.....[/ot]

Jimb

CDNRatMan

#6

[ot]jmbo fresh real fries done to a proper crisp and white vinegar what a fantastic snack, poutine, another really good meal if you can stand to hear your veins clogging hardening as you eat it.....lol.......but has to be served with cheese curds not shredded cheese.......and that would be Montreal........Nannok will be on you for that ....lol.....[/ot]

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

jmbo

#5

[ot]Hmmmm Fries with vineger. Must be a Candian thing. Sort of like that poo-teen thing they served when I worked in Momteal.[/ot]

Jimb

CDNRatMan

#4

[ot]never too tired for Bud the spud fried and delicous and with vineger, and a cold pop....just to wake up.....[/ot]

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

moosewing3


CDNRatMan

 ok 41 to Kaladar, and the 7 the rest of the way? If so then you had to stop at the 4 way stop and have some chips...........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

moosewing3

I know it's been said many times before, but OMG the factory seat sucks!!! I was taking an experienced rider course in Ottawa on Saturday, a 2.5-3 hr. ride from home. I figured ride there and back plus course seat time, minus breaks, I was in the saddle about 14 hours. Coming home I gutted it out till about 45 minutes from home and the pain in my but and back was incredible, I figure I'll tough it out and make home. Get 25 minutes out and my leg starts cramping, pull over at my last turn, 15 minutes from home and have to spend a while stretching. Starting to think that $900 for the corbin set might actually be a bargain lol. All that aside, great course would recommend it to anyone.  Funny though if anyone had told me Saturday night that I would actually want to go for a ride Sunday I would have laughed in their face, a buddy swung by and we ended up doing a 200 mile loop at 1600 hrs, broke my dame speedo cable too.


SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk