2014 Drift-In

Started by chief, July 29, 2013, 15:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

We made it to the Creekside by 20:00 even though we had more than 200 miles of torrential rain. Here's GreenBarn's bike, along with mine at 06:30, and again later at a fuel stop in Kentucky

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Troll

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

BamaBikerMom

What time are we leaving tomorrow for the Dragon ride?

Pilgrim

Look for the Drifters.... 8)

DC

Just hours away from leaving now.

How do we hook up with everyone at the hotel?

DC

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 11, 2014, 17:02:51 PM

Duh count them once your there and you will know, which wife is going with you, she can do the counting......lol......

Tuesday will be joining me for this Drift-in. . . . and we arrive on Tuesday.  How fitting!

CDNRatMan

Troll buddy, hate to say it , but trimming your beard, and the ride seems to have regained some of your weight........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

Well, Halfway there!   GreenBarn has a REALLY nice garage....675 miles today...only an hour late!

CDNRatMan

Duh count them once your there and you will know, which wife is going with you, she can do the counting......lol......

DC

Do we have a count on how many Drifters will be there?

49Reo

Ride safe and have fun, all you heading out to Maggie Valley. and remember..... IT AIN'T REAL WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!!

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Pilgrim

Don't know that I'd have the nerve to ride thru Chicago when it's dry, much less pourin' rain.
Hope you have a good ride Troll.

Ritchie-Sorry to hear your not going make it this year.

I'm leaving Wed AM and haven't done a single thing...guess I better charge my Ipod shuffle tonight.  ;D
Weather looks good through Sunday...we been blessed.  8)

Troll

40 minutes to go...no rain here, but Chicago is wet. I put the lowers on just in case

kw-retrorider

Ditto on D1....was looking forward to meeting you man. BTW...those shots of your 1500...really nice.

I'm still a go, but have decided to let the rain clear out, so the Lodge keeps my Tuesday night and will be leaving Wed at zero-dark thirty....with clear weather. After two days of cleaning, thought I might avoid the rain. Should be at the creek Wed - pm.

CDNRatMan

And I gave up my room so you three would not have to spoon....man now I am upset......

greenbarn

Sorry to hear you won't be making it D1!  I thought last time I heard, you were still going?  Hope you get some riding in anyway.

No Worries

Drift1

Although I'm sad to say this years Drift-in is a no go for me , I want to wish my fellow riders a safe journey and great riding weather .

Troll I'll be looking forward to great pictures and so video from your go pro set up .

Have fun Drifter's  8)

"I prefer peace,but if trouble must come,let it come in my time,so that my children can live in peace."

Thomas Payne

Troll

You better be ready...can you say ibuprofen?

greenbarn

Quote from: 2beers on August 10, 2014, 18:36:58 PM

:)  Safe riding to all those who are headed out to Drift In this week!  We're still hoping to make it up there at some point... Life just isn't allowing us to be sure.  That being said, ya'll have a great week, and may there be happy endings to all the stories told about this year's event!

--The Bride

Hope you can make it!

My back is doing a little better today, went for about 100 miles, and felt like maybe I'll be good enough to go come Tuesday morning.  Time will tell.... 

No Worries

2beers

:)  Safe riding to all those who are headed out to Drift In this week!  We're still hoping to make it up there at some point... Life just isn't allowing us to be sure.  That being said, ya'll have a great week, and may there be happy endings to all the stories told about this year's event!

--The Bride

We've always been car crazy.  We've always been bike crazy.  Most people agree we're just plain crazy.

DC

Been following the MV weather.  So far it looks ideal.

DriftinGirl

Quote from: Troll on August 08, 2014, 13:59:17 PM

We have had a "Canadian summer" this year. only one day above 90, and it went down into the high 40's last night... :-\

And I guess we got your American summer - 90+ almost every day since July 1 - a couple in 80's and a couple 100+. Hot and humid, strange weather for us. Usually get two 3 day spells of 90+ and that is it for heat. Today it is beautiful at 73, FINALLY!

Troll

Don't clean it too much...keep the rain away!!!

kw-retrorider

Troll - Lookin' Good....see you there...leaving Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning the latest....expect to roll in Tuesday night. Final maintenance and cleaning today and tomorrow.

49Reo

We had a couple of days that got over a 100* in the afternoon, most days anywhere for the 60's to the 80's. about 50 in the am.

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk